Assistant Store Manager
Proudly Scottish at heart, but with a keen international outlook, Strathberry creates unique luxury pieces, handcrafted in Spain using only the very finest quality leathers and finishes. Known for its instantly recognisable bar closure and minimalist design aesthetic, Strathberry’s elegant lines and exceptional attention to detail have led to a global following.
Strathberry is especially grateful for its strong celebrity support, with HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, HRH The Duchess of Sussex, Lady Gaga, Katie Holmes, and Alessandra Ambrosio amongst many to carry the brand. The brand is stocked in over 33 retailers worldwide, with flagship stores in London and Edinburgh. With new investment in place to accelerate the next phase of expansion, there has never been a better time to join this dynamic business.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced and talented Assistant Store Manager to join our retail team in London. Reporting into the London Retail Manager, the key focus of this role will be to manage the day-to-day running of our King's Road boutique. You will understand the importance of efficient store operations and support the Retail Manager in achieving this.
The ideal candidate will also have a sharp business mindset and aid in exceeding set financial targets while providing an exceptional customer service experience. The position requires the ability to train and develop sales associates, monitor inventory control, and grow a solid customer base.
Your key responsibilities will cover:
- Oversee and lead day to day running of the boutique, with a focus on operational excellence and loss prevention
- Ensure the boutique is maintained immaculately and standards maintained within the team
- Ensure full, disciplined management of all banking and cash handling, invoice authorisation and processing of other administration for the store
- Act as first point of contact for all external contractors to ensure boutique maintenance and upkeep, including cleaning, repairs, utilities and other maintenance providers.
- Be a named keyholder and one of the key names on the security alarm. On your working days it will be your responsibility to ensure the secure closure of the store.
- Ensure all relevant conditions related to Health, Safety and Security are fulfilled instore, and work closely with the Retail Manager to support store management within this area.
- Have a strong understanding of store KPI’s and sales drivers; use them effectively to drive business performance instore and work alongside the Retail Manager and Marketing team to seek out opportunities to grow the business.
- Monitor store sales targets and other metrics and provide actionable feedback and analysis
- Work with the Retail Manager to drive marketing initiatives to achieve and exceed financial targets for the store
- Lead and motivate the store team to provide excellent customer service and achieve sales targets
- Lead by example in ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and produce strong results from proactive outreach
- Effectively deal with customer complaints effectively, as required.
- Liaise with Merchandiser and Retail Manager to monitor, order and receive stock in line with store needs
- Ensure all stock deliveries and transfers are completed accurately to achieve 100% stock accuracy at all times
- Supervision of instore sales team, including inductions, bi-annual performance reviews and supporting ongoing training and development
- Lead by example at all times, acting as an ambassador and role model for the team, the store and the brand, motivating and leading the team to ensure optimal performance
You will be able to demonstrate:
- At least 2 years’ retail management experience working in a luxury store environment
- Clear understanding of the requirements of a retail business and what great delivery looks like for a luxury brand
- Strong team management experience, able to develop and motivate others and resolve issues fairly and with empathy, as required.
- Take personal ownership and accountability for store operations
- Able to make decisions in the best interest of the company and our customers, able to handle complex customer service issues,such as customer complaints, returns and repairs
- Detail oriented with ability to multi task and prioritise competing demands
- Flexibility to work shifts, including weekends