Business Development and Brand Partnerships Director
2 days left
- Full Time
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is seeking a Director of Business Development to join our Global Brand Partnerships team. Reporting to the Head of Brand & Community Partnerships, we are seeking an ambitious, experienced and talented business development professional to help drive the growth of strategic brand partnerships in North America. With your strong background in sales and creative partnerships as well as an established network of relationships within the fashion industry you’ll play a critical role in the future success of the business.
Responsible for creating revenue-generating partnerships across BoF global events, podcasts, advertising and branded content, this is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team with the overall goal of becoming the global leader in the market for professional content for the fashion and beauty industries.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You to Do
As the Director of Business Development and Brand Partnerships at BoF, you will be responsible for creating global partnerships that are significant in revenue terms, scalable for their long-term potential, and strategic in the sense that they support the growth of BoF’s existing marketing products and events. Successful candidates will take a consultative approach to ensure unique value is created for the BOF community and our partners.
You’ll get to work in a fast-growing business and have a direct tangible impact on its success each and every day. In this role you will be expected to leverage your existing relationships in industries such as fashion, technology, real estate, retail and finance, as well as build new relationships with the most important companies in the global fashion industry and non-endemic industries. As such you must be able to work at a strategic level, generating bold and imaginative partnership ideas that sit at the intersection of BoF’s strategic needs and those of our potential partners.
Who You Are
Entrepreneurial, and the ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, you combine strong commercial instincts, with a meticulous eye for detail and a high sense of urgency. Outside of that, you will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- You are a big thinker, a self-motivated and driven sales person with a desire to create partnerships that are strategic and unique for the global fashion industry.
- Significant experience of the US market is essential.
- Extremely well-developed relationship building skills
- Self-starter with a bias for action who can make things happen when faced with ambiguity
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, flexibility, creativity, and ‘outside the box’ thinking
- High performance under pressure and a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Excellent communication skills and experience selling to senior executives
- Robust knowledge of and experience implementing best in class strategic partnerships
- Experience of working cross-functionally in a very collaborative environment
- Resilient temperament, focused and persistent honing in on what really matters to move the needle
- Highly professional, and ability to act as an ambassador for BoF
- Willingness to roll up sleeves in an scale-up atmosphere
You’ll Know You’re Successful When you…
- Are responsible for achieving personal sales goals ($750-$1M), managing pipeline and closing new business
- Can identify and secure strategic partnerships that support BoF’s core marketing services and events (Global Events, Advertising, Sponsorship, Podcast, Branded Content)
- Have the ability to leverage your existing fashion industry network of senior executives to grow and upsell BoF global partnerships, creating value for the wider BoF global community
- Become a trusted, consultative advisor for your clients
- Create partnerships that unlock new value and tap into new audiences
- Help to expand BoF’s partner portfolio across key verticals such as beauty, watches and jewellery, hospitality and automotive
- Cross-collaborate with BoF’s London team to ensure highest impact cross-vertical and geographic partnerships
- Act as the primary contact for existing clients in New York ensuring maximum client satisfaction
- Projects are delivered seamlessly, with outstanding feedback from internal teams and our partners.