Senior Data Analyst
- Full Time
The Business of Fashion is seeking a talented Senior Data Analyst to drive our fast growing B2B and B2C subscription business as a founding member of our new, centralised Data Team.
We have always had a data-centric approach at BoF. Our teams know that data is crucial to growing every part of our business and providing value to our community, from our paying BoF Professional members, to clients hoping to connect with incredible talent, to those starting out in their careers needing advice.
With your technical ability to provide access to accurate data and your experience of driving adoption of a data-first approach, you will help BoF scale up our data capabilities and utilise the insights to create better products and services. Your input will allow the business to make more informed strategic decisions to provide value for our community and in return, influence the growth for our business.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative point of view on the global fashion industry and is an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. It has been described as “The Economist of Fashion," “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and "The Industry Bible."
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We ensure all applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You To Do
As a founding member of our Data Team, you will report directly to our Head of Data and work alongside Data Engineers and a Data Operations Manager as well as the wider business. You will be accountable for the evolution of our data platform (inclusive of: Snowplow Analytics, Snowflake, DBT, Looker, and Indicative technology stack) and arming our business teams with new data and more sophisticated ways to interrogate it, in order to produce and action relevant and value-generating insights.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Prepare, clean and analyse large sets of data to uncover audience behavioural trends and business performance insights
- Develop, administer, and adapt data visualisations and dashboards
- Advocate accuracy and ensure solutions meet the level of quality alongside our QA team
- Act as a bridge between the integrity of the data and the stakeholders who consume the data, help informing them when there may be a quality issue
- Establish repeatable and sustainable analytics processes, ensuring the business is efficient in our use of data
- Build and tell stories from the data, presenting in an engaging way that provides crucial insight to inform business decisions
- Define and direct adoption of repeatable, sustainable processes, including but not limited to: pipelining and prioritising requests and quality assurance practices
- Help define the key metrics and ensure they are used consistently across the business
- Ensure ubiquitous access to accurate data; own the design and maintenance of our analytics suite
- Train & support team members in their use of our tools and how best to interpret the data, helping to lead adoption of a data-centric approach throughout the business
Who You Are
- You are passionate about transforming data into relevant and actionable insights
- You have refined your own views on the optimum analytics approaches and processes
- You are customer and commercially focused, strategic and enjoy proactively finding opportunities for the business to consider
- You are naturally resourceful, collaborative and enjoy working alongside diverse teams, with the ability to flex your communication style to different audiences
- You understand the different dimensions of data needed to inform business decisions (from KPI reporting, to funnels, to user segmentation, to attribution and so on)
- You have experience working with Looker, creating Models, Looks and Dashboards. Or you have similar experience working with a BI tool such as Tableau, PowerBI, or Qlikview
- Highly proficient with SQL, and good knowledge of data flows and structures
- Exposure to data science languages such as R or Python and/or data modelling/transformation tools such as DBT would be a bonus
- Experienced at managing projects end-to-end, ensuring stakeholders are kept informed
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- You and your colleagues are working well collectively, having defined and adopted new best-practice ways of working
- The Business of Fashion business teams are gleaning actionable insights every day from our data
- You are the person the business teams come to if they need insight; you can help them answer the question that starts with “Do we have data that can tell me…” and then you suggest a better question to ask and the solution needed to answer it