Assistant Garment Technician - Production
To assist the PGT in their responsibility for the technical health of production garments, including the approval of PP samples, communication with makers and within the organisation on technical issues, working with pattern cutters, and development technical teams to ensure the best application of technical methods to aid smooth running production and timely delivery. Experience & understanding of GERBER would be helpful.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To assess weekly sealing and plan PP send out
To collect PP Packs with JPA
To communicate with factories and establish PP submission dates for PGT to plan fittings
To check graded measurements prior to Pre-Production sample launch
- Attendance of all Production fittings, with Development Technologists, taking ownership of the technical aspects of production, from PP approval to investigations and resolutions of production issues at factory.
- To inspect all PP samples, schedule & lead all PP fittings & issue updated Fit Notes & action plan in the absence of PGT.
- Critical Path maintenance with accurate PP status updates
- To assist PGT with writing and issuing PP comments to factory.
- To assist with factory technical queries during production & follow up on PP comments.
- To assist with Specs when required
- To review in the first instance Gerber file queries and escalate to Pattern / grader if unresolved, including measuring of Gerber pattern where required.
- To build strong relationships with all manufacturers, reacting effectively if a technical issue is raised, visiting factories, when necessary, in order to find resolutions To assist with compilation and issue a seasonal QC report to factory
- Respond to product queries, including complaints in order to remedy issues or improve upon for future collections.
- Sign Off of relevant invoices relating to area To assist PGT to provide seasonal feedback for GT team on issues arising at factories.
- Must come from a similar role, with 2-3 years’ experience with luxury products ideally, and preferably exposure to broad product categories
- This staff member needs to be highly detail oriented and well organized. The role requires being capable of working unsupervised in a fast-paced environment and therefore requires a strong ability to work on own initiative.
- Must be able to work well within a team and be able to delegate in order to achieve deadlines
- Experience working with GERBER graded patterns is especially advantageous. Understanding of grading, Lay plans, costings and knowledge of pattern cutting is expected along with a good understanding of Garment Construction techniques.