Neiman Marcus is seeking a self-motivated Staff Engineer for Enterprise Reporting and Analytics platform
who is analytical, technically inclined, detail-oriented, visually focused, and a self-learner. Responsible for data preparation, data visualization, reporting and discovering new business insights in retail web and store data by utilization of advanced analytics tools and products. Interacts directly with technical and business teams to understand the business needs in supporting the top-notch analytics layer which supports critical reporting/analytics requirements for business teams across NMG.
This position is a hands-on and intense role of working side by side with our end user partners to drive better analytics, reporting and competitive advantage. This person will be an integral part of the Enterprise Reporting & Analytics team, working with architects, developers, and other analysts to deliver the highest priority data and reporting products to our business clients. Primary Responsibilities
- To support retail analytics which spans across web and store data. Must have very good retail knowledge to support the analytics platform
- Deliver new reporting and analytics requests from initial assessment, evaluation of completeness of requirements, estimating levels of effort, design, development, and deployment with hands-on design, development, and implementation
- Adhere to software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Must be able to work in an agile software development environment.
- Must be well versed with Dimensional Modelling and should be able to load data using star/snowflake dimension modelling
- Hands-on experience with reporting tools is a plus.
- Perform adhoc data analysis directly on various data sources, using both complex custom SQL and advanced reporting toolsets like Tableau.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with results-oriented work and flexibility to acquire / learn new skills.
- Bachelor's in computer science, Information Systems or equivalent. Master's degree is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working with retail web and store data
- 5+ years of experience delivering Business Intelligence reporting. Prior experience in retail domain is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in the data and analytics space with an emphasis on reporting solutions
- 5+ years of RDBMS concepts with strong data analysis and strong SQL experience
- 2+ years of strong programming experience working with Python is must
- 2+ years of strong experience working on snowflake is must. Experience building reporting solutions on a SnowFlake Database engine is preferred.
- Experience with various data modeling techniques (3NF, denormalized, STAR Schema).
- Retail experience is a plus.
- Experience working with a cloud data warehouse platform is a plus.