Pattern Manager – Womenswear
Are you passionate about pattern making and product development? Are you driven by team spirit, quality, sustainability, and a constant desire to improve? Do you enjoy leading and developing a team?
If so, this could be the role for you. We are now looking for a Pattern Manager to join our Womenswear Team.
This role will report into the Head of Womenswear and is offered on a Full Time Permanent contract.
As the Pattern Manager, you secure the best fits for our COS customers, leading and developing the Pattern Team with a clear vision while having the customer in mind. You are constantly seeking new developments within the industry, keeping up to date with new programs, techniques and finishes to support your team. You will collaborate with relevant functions in the BO/PO team, contributing to an efficient and informative workflow and operate towards the long and short term goals.
What you will do:
- Set visions and targets for your teams patterns, analysing and guiding the team with regular updates while considering a strong customer focus Lead your team to achieve the best fit/pattern and make for your department, constantly looking out for new developments and silhouettes Responsible for Grading updates, Castor/Lectralicenses, Dress-stand orders, and supporting the team with block developments Lead and grow your Pattern Team to grow the business, guiding through the whole employee life cycle (recruitment, performance, appraisal, reward, development, exits) Work closely with Design, Print Design, Buying, Production and Quality, to reach the ideal product demands and provide feedback Guide, involve, inspire, and develop your Pattern Team, motivating and challenging them to act with competence, confidence, and bravery to reach high quality pattern standards Practice good time management within your department to deliver patterns in order to meet OPD deadlines Attend fit meetings regularly to keep up-to-date with the collection and to increase the quality of meetings Take product decisions, and seek team improvements for next season Evaluate your department's success with a consistent follow-up mentality Follow COS Rules and Product sheets and make sure all teams are trained and up-to-date Manage problems sustainably and always be on hand for your Team Analyse and react on sales by attending sales meetings Manage workflow and book freelancers for busy periods Manage special projects and make sure sample room is set up to cope with high workload Monitor and react to how the concepts customer is affected by trends and their surroundings, seek out future pattern trends and develop/adapt new ways of working.
- Previous experience as a Pattern Manager working with across multiple product groups
- Genuine interest and passion for COS womenswear
- CAD experience essential, Lectra and CLO preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of garment construction and pattern cutting skills.
- Ability to identify problems and take responsibility to find solutions.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- An excellent eye for detail, shape, and proportion.
- Excellent leadership skills.
When you first join COS, you will have a full introduction, excellent training, and a team that will support you during your first days, weeks and months. In addition to this you will also receive lots of fantastic benefits including.
- 25% Staff Discount Up to 25 days holiday Annual Health Checks Pension Scheme Discounted Gym Membership
Ready to apply? Click on the apply link where you can upload your CV securely. Once we have received your application, we will keep you updated regularly about the status of your application so please look out for our email.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!