At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
You will guarantee functional requirements, quality and compliance standards are met and ensure that Metal Hardware and Trim are bought at a competitive price.
• Execute engineering activities in according to risk assessment, development & testing requirements.
• To negotiation Metal Hardware costs, leveraging on tech specs.
• Provide technical support to design and product development teams
• Manage and ensure up-to-date reporting on product technical information
• Ensure regulatory compliance is met
• Oversee supplier performance through building a strong relationship with them
• Collaborate in the implementation of technical standards
• Develop a strong collaboration with other teams
• Keep up to date with government regulations, restrictions, safety protocols and performance standards in relation to hardware and trim
• Support and solve metal hardware quality issues by redefining the production standards or the quality controls to be performed
• Partnering and support procurement process
• Prevent production slowdown
• Degree in Materials Technology or Engineering
• Experience in similar role in metal hardware for luxury industry
• Expertise in metal hardware costing, able to drill down to the cost of a single manufacturing phase
• Experience in technical engineering of metal hardware
• Deep Knowledge on metal hardware design and construction
• Timely, strong, customer focused decision making
• Expert Knowledge of galvanic PVD and other processes
• Strong communication skills both in Italian and in English
• Deep Knowledge Metal Hardware Supplier capability
• Open mindset in terms of solutions and suppliers
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Florence || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || LEATHER GOODS COE || n/a ||