PRESS ASSISTANT ISSEY MIYAKE LONDON
A great opportunity to build on the experience you will have already gained in your first job in luxury fashion PR or marketing, the role of Press Assistant at ISSEY MIYAKE will involve you in all aspects of the communications business of an established luxury fashion brand.
ISSEY MIYAKE is looking for a Press Assistant to join our Marketing & PR department. As Press Assistant you will have a key role within the department, handling press and media relations for the UK and Middle East.
As our Press Assistant you will have an important role being a main contact for all press and media relations for the UK and Middle East markets.
- Managing sample requests and logistics
- Ensuring media coverage in UK and Middle East markets through pitching and media relations
- Project and event support for local activities such as seasonal press days, assisting with events from Paris Fashion Week to global design focussed activations
- Coordination with internal departments – daily communication with International PR teams (Paris, Milan, New York and Tokyo), retail, marketing and e-commerce
- Reporting and monitoring of print, media, and social coverage
- Support the Head of Press with daily activity and admin
The position is based in London, UK and you will report to the Head of Press. Business travel may occur.
We are looking for a person with outstanding communication skills and a strong team player. You have high aspirations and understand the importance of design and innovation. You act with integrity at all times and have a natural ability to influence and build trust. You are pragmatic and hands-on and get things done. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where flexibility and teamwork are highly valued. And ideally, you enjoy working in a creative international environment.
- 1-2 years’ of experience working in a creative industry or PR
- A strong interest in fashion and design Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and able to work independently and prioritise effectively
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Flexibility to work beyond your job description in order to support the wider business and to develop your skills and knowledge
- Fluency in English is required, additional language skills would be of benefit