TITLE: Production Coordinator
Reporting To: Buyer
Based In: London Office
This position supports the buyer in the execution of the supply chain strategy and coordination of the department. A key liaison with suppliers ensuring products are ordered and delivered on time to meet business requirements. Supporting critical path monitoring, execution and product development process.
- Updating Brightpearl system, raising POs and managing communication with suppliers to ensure stock is ordered and receipted in on time.
- Create POs on time and accurately to ensure all made to order SOs are fulfilled within stated lead times.
- Uphold the department working week to ensure all required weekly tasks are completed in good time.
- Creating department tools such as visual boards, spec sheets and component files with a high attention to detail.
- Build and maintain supplier relationships ensuring communication is effective with a high level of quality.
- Update and circulate weekly delivery schedules to the wider team, flagging any delivery issues or changes.
- Manage new season sampling and sample orders to ensure they are received in time to make informed business decisions for sign off and selling tools.
- Have an understanding of the company calendar to ensure smooth running of the critical path, flagging any risks or problem solving to ensure the critical path remains on track.
- Complete product specs for all new products, to be sent in a spec pack to suppliers before production starts on a new season, ensuring delivery expectations are clear.
- Own the product photography log and requirements list.
- Conduct weekly website walks to ensure product online is accurate and with correct delivery dates and statuses.
- Conduct industry competitor and category research and analysis as requested by the production manager.
- Accurate and timely SKU creation.
- Place bespoke orders for wallpaper, furniture, curtains and blinds, managing and monitoring expected customer delivery dates and keeping the sales team updated with expected delivery.
- Manage the product critical path by SKU to ensure full picture of required delivery dates and expected delivery dates of all in progress styles is understood at all times.
- Manage brand packaging orders and stock to deliver signed off and agreed brand standards. Where packaging changes are required, manage this development process to achieve desired packaging and delivery of stock.
IDEALLY YOU’LL HAVE*:
- Experience as a production assistant, looking to take the next step, having had at least 3 years experience in a production based role.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills are essential.
- Be passionate about House of Hackney and the values it stands for.
- Flexible approach in order to manage priorities within the business.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- High attention to detail and be able to perform admin tasks quickly and accurately.
- An understanding or experience of converting fabric requirements into finished products such as curtains or furniture is advantageous.
- Positive, problem solving attitude, keen to drive positive change.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills and intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office.
*The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated
Key Department interfaces:
- Merchandising- to execute trading actions and facilitate new product creation.
- Design- to support new collection/ product creation, on time.
- Comms team- to support new product launches by building team product knowledge.
- Sales- to support them in becoming product experts.
- Web- to ensure accurate product online and on time.
- Finance- sign off correct invoices or flag incorrect invoices to be challenged.
As always, there are some perks,
- 22 Days holiday allowance + Bank Holidays + Maundy Thursday and a half-day for your birthday.
- Seasonal 4 Day Week Scheme, Fridays off all Summer.
- Cycle to Work Loan Scheme.
- Payday drinks every month and at least two exciting team gatherings a year, we also celebrate birthdays in the office whenever possible.
- Our water is filtered because plastic bottles are banned from the office, plenty of herbal teas, coffee, fruit & cereals are available weekly for that morning snack.
- The team is hard-working and upbeat, we often help each other and there's very little we can't conquer together.
- 30% discount across HOH products and first grabs on sample sale items.
House of Hackney is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender affirmation, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a visa sponsorship or remote working.