Financial Controller (part-time)
ROLE: Financial Controller (part-time)
REPORTING TO: Head of Finance
BASED IN: London Showroom / Head Office
WORKING PATTERN: 3-4 days per week
The Financial Controller will report into the Head of Finance and take ownership of the day to day running of the finance department. The right person for this role will be highly commercial and analytical and have high levels of accuracy, consistency and strong attention to detail. A proactive and positive attitude and excellent communication skills are essential in this busy team.
- Oversee daily/monthly ledger entries.
- Produce monthly management accounts.
- Report on company KPIs.
- Monitor internal controls.
- Coordinate sales tax returns - UK/US/Sweden.
- Coordinate monthly payroll - UK/US.
- Lead the year end audit and annual report preparation.
- Ensure tax and regulatory compliance in the UK and US.
- Manage the relationships with key stakeholders – banks, landlords, HMRC.
- Identify and implement system and efficiency improvements.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects which may include fundraising, group restructures, property moves.
- Provide support to Office Manager & HR.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Professionally qualified accountant with a minimum 5 years’ PQE.
- Previous supervisory experience in a global retail-focused SME.
- Advanced excel user and experience of a variety of ERP systems - Brightpearl of particular advantage.
- First class written and verbal communication skills; be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Experience of creating financial controls and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and financial skills with keen attention to detail.
- Must be highly organised.
- Demonstrable process efficiency orientation.
- Positive and flexible approach, able to work well under pressure, prioritise work effectively and meet strict deadlines.
- Contribute and work effectively within a team.
- Able to adhere to the values and mission of the company.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Competence in Microsoft Office and Google Suite products and ability to adapt to technology-based ways of working.
*The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated
As always, there are some perks:
- 22 days holiday allowance + Bank Holidays + Maundy Thursday and a half-day for your birthday (FTE).
- Cycle to Work Loan Scheme.
- Payday drinks every month and at least two exciting team gatherings a year, we also celebrate birthdays in the office whenever possible.
- Our water is filtered because plastic bottles are banned from the office, plenty of herbal teas, coffee, fruit & cereals are available weekly for that morning snack.
- The team is hard-working and upbeat, we often help each other and there's very little we can't conquer together.
- 30% discount across HOH products and first grabs on sample sale items.
House of Hackney is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender affirmation, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a visa sponsorship or remote working.