A supporting role to both the Production co-Ordinator and Production Garment Tech: Responsible for launching the production process with the manufacturer, from Pre-production sample stage, including but not limited to the following: checking accuracy of specs, launching Pre-production samples in line with the production plan, ensuring dates can be facilitated and upheld thus successfully delivering the seasons collection in a timely manner within the delivery window. Reports into the Production Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with Production Manager on collection critical path schedule and managing dates for assigned work
- Daily liaison with Production Co-ordinators regarding deadlines and delivery targets for each day/week timeline
- To maintain a clear understanding of accurate measurements from initial PP sample to approved graded spec.
- To create accurate cut instructions for Print placement styles.
- To assist the Production Co-ordinator in the launch of Engineered embroidery.
- Assist the quality control process of finished goods, bulk fabrics and engineered panels, highlighting any issues that arise and presenting solutions to Production team
- Monitoring the accuracy of deliveries received against paperwork and communicating thoroughly any discrepancies
- Maintaining organized notes and photo logs of pertinent work by style
- Ensure that manufacture repairs/amends are processed efficiently and without delay while recording and chasing outstanding items with Coordinators and manufacturers
- Assist in preparing all garments for logistic dispatch
- Weekly stock takes of QC materials, and proactively working on replenishing items.
- Preparing Pre - production raw material packages to be dispatched to manufacturers, and communicating and discrepancies
- Guiding and managing interns on the production process and workload ensuring the team’s work is organized to priority deadlines
- Taking ownership of all finished goods shipping documents, inc manifest from factory and studio, ensuring accuracy of information.
- Assisting with general office admin for Production office as well as organisation of Quality Control area, ensuring it is kept tidy at all times
- Where the schedule may require: To measure (with help of interns) all PP’s in time for Fittings
- In busy times to help with the writing of PP comments to support the PGT in managing the overall timeline.
- Previous experience in a similar role ,experience working with embroidery would be useful.
- Training in garment technology an asset
- Degree in a relevant fashion development or technology course
- Successful candidates must be able to forward plan as well as multitask, work well under pressure and with a team
- Must have an understanding of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Willingness to travel
- Professional demeanor in the office and when handling outside contacts as well as motivated to make smart judgment calls for the company
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, who builds positive relationships both with internal and external contacts.
- Performing all duties with tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Ability to combine challenges of working in a creative and spontaneous environment where each day is different.
- Ability to prioritise, manage multiple deadlines and cope with heavy workloads.