Infrastructure Operations Engineer
- Leeds, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 5 Dec 2022
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Infrastructure Operations Engineer will provide administration and support of Burberry IT systems. You will be responsible for continuously improving Burberry IT systems, as well as ensuring the availability, performance and integrity of Burberry IT systems by proactively planning for changes and capacity as well as reactively addressing system incidents and problems.
- Provision of Infrastructure and Platform services to IT and Business stakeholders
- Provide subject matter expertise for in-scope technologies as needed by the team
- Ownership of defined Infrastructure Operations services
- Liaise with managed service, software and hardware support vendors to resolve incidents and to follow up with proactive measures to prevent reoccurrence across all regional technologies
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to services and technical solutions
- Collaborate with the helpdesk and other support teams to identify, prioritise, and resolve incidents
- Resolve incidents within the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and to the high quality that a retail business demands
- Document all tasks undertaken within the team including reoccurring issues and processes
- Take ownership of issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve system issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Maintain up-to-date technological knowledge to enable the constant improvement of systems, tools, processes and procedures
- Assist in the evaluation of application and system software packages
Technical expertise in at least 4 of the below technologies:
- Windows platforms (SCCM, Active directory, File Shares, etc.)
- Storage and backup (SAN Technologies, Backup libraries, etc.)
- Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, etc.)
- Cloud services (Azure, Amazon etc.)
- Collaboration platforms (Exchange Online)
- Database (SQL)
- Data center and hardware (VMware, HPE)
- Ability to prioritise incidents, escalate to service owners or third party providers, manage stakeholders, and minimise disruption on business or IT operations in a short time frame
- Good understanding of incident management tools
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || IT || ICS OPERATIONS & EMPLOYEE || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert