Job Description: Sr Engineer, Test - Enterprise Applications
is responsible for test engineering activities of all phases of the Standard Development Methodology life cycle for a project/scrum in NMG's Enterprise application portfolio with primary focus on NMG's Enterprise Data Warehouse and Analytics
This position requires in depth expertise and knowledge in Enterprise Data Warehouse, Analytics and Reporting suite of Applications in Retail domain. Strong working knowledge in Enterprise Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, and Integration (ETL/ESB). The primary focus of this role would be to handle hands-on testing activities in Neiman's Enterprise Applications portfolio on day-to-day basis. Bring in continuous improvements to existing test processes including automation and performance. Key Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Be the primary point of contact for Test Engineering activities of NMG's Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence applications
- Work with both Agile and Waterfall projects and be responsible for the quality of the product by handling all required testing activities.
- Understand the role of testing within the SDLC and effectively advocate for the best possible customer experience of product quality within those parameters
- Participate in requirement gathering and analysis to understand the software functionality and interfaces between software and hardware.
- Participate in story grooming and design sessions to come with effective test plan and coverage
- Execute Functionals, System, Integration and End to End testing across enterprise applications suite.
- Ensure and adhere to software testing best practices including Testing Standards, Test Strategy/plan reviews, Automation repository source control.
- Build automation within the s print/project to certify the stories from quality and performance perspective.
- Drive test engineering meetings (Planning, Status, Defect triage etc.) involving cross functional and business teams
- Setup & configure applications, test data, databases, environments in automated ways
- Support end to end continuous integration and continuous deployment through automated tests.
- Collaborates cross-functional end to end teams to triage and resolve technical issues as needed
- Provide regular status on the testing activities (Daily/Weekly) to the IT and Business stakeholders
- Mentor other team members on testing process, standards and automation strategy.
- Manage daily review and analysis of automated tests results and reporting
- Integrating automated tests as part of CI (Continuous Integration) Tools and delivery practices with tools like Jenkins and Bamboo
- 5 or more years' combined experience in a Retail business and / or Information Technology in Quality Engineering / testing role.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field
- Outstanding written & oral communication, presentation and collaboration skills are required.
- 4+ years of Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse Business Intelligence and Integration (ETL/ESB) .
- 2+ years of Extensive experience in working in Agile Methodology of software development
- 3+ years of Extensive experience in Data Warehouse and Analytics testing in platforms like Snowflake, SAP Business Objects, or similar technologies.
- 3+ years of Experience in testing integration layers like ETL, XML/JSON, File based integrations between enterprise applications.
- 3+ years of Experience and expertise working with RDBMS like Oracle or MySQL with strong knowledge on SQL.
- 3+ years of Experience with Selenium or equivalent technologies in test automation and must have strong knowledge in developing various automation frameworks for data and analytics domains
- Experience with code control tools such as GIT and bitbucket
- Experience with test management & bug tracking tools such as JIRA
- Knowledge of TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDD (Business Driven Development
- Experience in UNIX (Solaris/Linux/AIX), XML, JSON schemas and usage
- Experience with NO-SQL (Mango, Cassandra) is a plus