Web Photographer Assistant
Responsible for hands-on assistance during the web photo shoots for elysewalker.com. This position reports to the Web Photographer and is responsible for daily task management related to in-house photo shoots, including equipment management and on-set asset management to ensure studio time is maximized for photo capture efficiency.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Shooting on 1 – 2 still life sets 3 – 4 days a week on site in our Culver City studio, taking direction from the Web Photographer
- Prepare and set up camera equipment, lighting and capture stations on set, and serve as point of contact for all digital photography issues
- On set asset management including file naming, focus stacking, color adjustments, processing and backing up of imagery to central servers during shooting on all sets
- Distribute daily call sheets
- Advise on equipment needs on an on-going basis. Ensure equipment stays in good working order and rectify issues regarding repair/replacement as needed while staying current in digital equipment and systems that could increase efficiency
- Work with the studio team including Creative Ops, Stylists and Coordinators to ensure shooting time is effectively utilized
- Ability to go between still life and/or on figure as required by Web Photographer, maintaining poise and professionalism in a multi-set environment
- 1-3+ years of professional experience as a Production/Photo Assistant or Digitech.
- Resourceful and problem-solving personality.
- Quick learner, very organized and able to multi-task or change directions quickly.
- Experience with Capture One, Adobe Creative Suite, Global Edit, ChronoSync, or comparable programs
- Comfortable with frequent standing
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results
- This position in based in Los Angeles working in our Culver City office
- Health Insurance & Wellness Benefits Package
- Retirement Benefits Package
- Benefits & Perks, including PTO & Employee Discount