Vice President of Merchandising
This position will develop product strategies by integrating customer data, utilizing sales and trend analytics across different categories to optimize product assortment and drive business results. This role is based out of our New York Corporate office and reports to the company President.
- Develop and execute merchandising strategy for all product categories - RTW,
- VBJ and Swim
- Create seasonal line plans and ensure that the collection delivers against the business needs.
- Develop and maintain consistency of offering across all channels of business.
- Implement a strong price hierarchy and lifestyle differentiation across product categories to ensure delineation between RTW, VBJ and Swim.
- Monitor business and market trends so that Veronica Beard insights may be shared with design and sales teams.
- Perform competitive research and hindsight analysis so that opportunities for growth are identified and product offering is enhanced.
- Liaise with design, channel leaders and marketing to align on vision and to share data and insights.
- Partner with Design to build a compelling assortment each season.
- Partner with Product Development and Production to continuously improve our quality and fit of product.
- Partner with Marketing and Visual to ensure messaging aligns with product strategy and offering
- Partner with Channel leaders to understand channel specific business needs and support
- product knowledge
- Collaborate with international partners to ensure that the product offering also suits our global markets
- Promote an environment that fosters the respect for the ideas of others and supports ongoing collaboration to execute business strategies, measures own success by the team’s success.
- Continuously looks to innovate and improve our business and business processes.
- Mentor junior team members and evolve the team infrastructure as the business scales.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field of study
- 12+years of relevant merchandising experience
- International experience a plus
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.