Director - International Tax
The Director - International Tax will be responsible for US international tax matters for tax compliance and reporting purposes including, but not limited to FDII, GILTI, Subpart F, FTC, §163j, withholding taxes, BEAT, PTEP calculations for 5471 reporting, §986, and §987 as it relates to current application of the standard as well as measuring the impact of proposed tax legislation and its future tax implications on the business. The Director - International Tax will provide tax support to both ongoing business operations as well as overseas expansion activities and align with business partners during the implementation and execution stages of business expansion or restructurings.
- Responsible for the management, monitoring, and calculation of US international calculations for reporting and tax compliance. This includes, but is not limited to FDII, GILTI, Subpart F, FTC, §163j, BEAT, §986, and §987. Partner with third party providers on the preparation and review of related US tax forms 8990, 8991, 8992, 8993, 8865, 5471s, and 5472s.
- Partner closely with business teams across the global organization to implement tax efficient business structures in the US and abroad. This includes, for example, alignment with supply chain planning initiatives, legal entity structuring and simplification, permanent establishment considerations, and global financing alternatives, including potential repatriation of CFC earnings.
- Monitoring proposed and enacted legislative changes and modeling their impact on both the effective tax rate as well as cash tax expenditures. Draft timely and effective communication of significant tax matters to the proper levels of management, which may include Finance Leadership and Senior Leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 10+ years of Corporate Federal and International Tax experience, including 5+ years of strategy and planning/ M&A experience, at Big 4 or a large MNC
- Strong technical knowledge of corporate and international taxation, including ability to analyze tax issues
- Must have the ability to coordinate and work with cross-function teams
- Must be able to work with outside advisors in minimizing risk and providing clear, cost effective, tax guidance
- Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to model various complex tax scenarios
- Must have a strong business acumen
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Retail and manufacturing sector experience
- Understanding of transfer pricing principles
- Understanding of state & local tax principles
- Strong tax accounting skills