Creative Pattern Cutter
Job Title: Creative Pattern Cutter
Location: Woburn Walk, Bloomsbury, London WC1H
Reports to: Atelier Coordinator
Working alongside: Production Manager, Head of Design, Atelier Seamstresses
Working Hours: Part Time, 9:30am to 6pm, 45 minute lunch
Contract: Part Time/Freelance
We are looking for a creative, passionate pattern cutter with excellent technical ability to work closely with the design team on all Halfpenny London collections.
You will be responsible for developing, finalising, and checking patterns from SMS samples to PPS
You will have a comprehensive knowledge of the Halfpenny London standards, and ensure these are met through regularly revised processes, quality of product, and professional conduct.
We work in a fast-paced environment, so willingness to take part in all aspects of the fitting process, and a passion for your work are key. There is a great opportunity to input into the creative journey here at Halfpenny London, sharing your knowledge and experience as part of our team, so this is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Create a high-quality fit and pattern that satisfies design, customers and manufacturers.
- Maintain consistency of quality and fit across all collections, updating and introducing standards and procedures in a supplier manual.
- Communicating clearly and efficiently, ensuring all patterns have the desired finishing and specification requested.
- Oversee mock-ups, toile's and samples alongside the Atelier Co-ordinator.
- Work closely with the Atelier seamstresses to ensure the best possible construction and finishing methods are used. Offer solutions to support the development of the first samples.
- You will work from design sketches, to finalised patterns ready for grading and bulk production.
- Responsible for grading notes and passing over key information relevant to each style to the Garment Tech.
- Seasonal development of curve fit and grading.
- Work in line with the deadlines set by the Head of Design & Atelier Co-ordinator.
- Signing off final fit with Creative Director and Garment Tech.
- Sealing patterns and specs for bulk production
- Work alongside the Design team and Production team to give technical guidance where needed.
You are intelligent, optimistic, aesthetic-driven, and solution oriented person who thrives from working with a luxury product.
- Must have proven experience in a similar technical led role
- Understanding of fabrics, technical components and sewing techniques
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, ensuring critical path is honoured
- You will work with initiative and a self drive, personal accountability and integrity
- Highly passionate about product innovation and product quality.
- You will operate in a professional manner, as a proud representative of Halfpenny London, and the culture of the brand. This means bringing a problem solving attitude, a friendly approach, and a courteous manner in all dealings.
- Ability to work positively within a team.
- Strong communication skills able to collaborate with multiple departments
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills to meet all seasonal deadlines.
- Eager to learn and adapt to new systems and processes
Note: This list is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. The content above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the role. This does not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.