At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Burberry legal team operates at the heart of this vibrant, creative and forward-thinking FTSE-listed organisation. The well-respected and talented legal team advises on strategic projects and day-to-day matters and works across all areas of Burberry's business, advising on a diverse range of legal subjects. The role of Counsel is a challenging and exciting junior- level role for the right lawyer who can support our innovative business to deliver on its ambitions.
The lawyer we are looking for is an agile and technically excellent junior commercial lawyer who can provide day to day legal support to the Burberry business across a wide range of legal areas as business needs require, including digital and technology-driven matters.
The focus areas of work linked to this role will change and adapt with business needs and project requirements.
The role could involve:-
- reviewing, negotiating, drafting and advising on commercial agreements including in respect of digital/e-commerce, software, SAAS, distribution, marketing, franchise, warehousing and logistics and vendor / non-stock agreements;
- assisting and advising on any other general commercial matters such as distribution arrangements, procurement, supply chain issues and data protection matters.
- supporting compliance projects within the business by providing advice and liaising with the business to achieve good governance.
- delivering pragmatic advice and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- managing legal risk and giving proactive advice in order to reduce exposure.
Experience in digital, technology, supply chain, distribution, marketing and/or compliance would also be an advantage
- The successful candidate will be an English law qualified lawyer, with the equivalent of approximately 1 to 3 years PQE (indicative only) with experience gained at a reputable law firm.
- will have specialised in commercial law upon qualification
- will be able to operate with minimum supervision and in direct contact with internal clients;
- will be starting to build a track record in working autonomously, managing complex matters, prioritising competing demands and dealing directly with a wide variety of business stakeholders
- will be willing to develop new skills and areas of practice, and be adaptable and able to balance numerous matters simultaneously;
- will be ready to invest in building strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and to become a key part of Burberry Legal
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || CORPORATE AFFAIRS || CORPORATE - LEGAL || n/a ||