We have an exciting vacancy for a UK PR Manager to join our Global Brand Team. Your aim will be to raise the profile and awareness of FitFlop in the UK, and you will be responsible for developing and delivering a proactive PR strategy and activity plan in the UK, promoting the brand through all forms of on and off-line media.
The successful candidate in this role will have strong connections with key tiles across lifestyle, wellness, style, and fashion media, as well as some experience working with or managing external agencies.
- Executing the PR strategy for the brand within the UK
- Managing and working closely with PR agencies
- Contribute to the PR strategy to ensure relevance
- Managing the approved UK PR budget
- Developing and implementing a UK segmented PR communications plan across consumer, trade, and corporate to deliver against the agreed brand objectives
- Maintaining and developing relationships with key members of the press
- Organising events including press events, product launches, and other press related activity
- Develop and manage all relevant brand events including PR / Trade / Brand
- Event coordination
- Researching, writing, and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Working with key retailer partners within in the UK; liaising with the Sales & Marketing teams on key activities and events
- Maintaining and developing relationships with key members of the press for stories
- Writing and editing in-house news stories and other ad hoc material
- Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, Look-books, photographs, films and multimedia programmes
- Managing the VIP program, highlighting the relevant individuals and ensuring fulfilment
- Managing the “gifting” of product within agreed guidelines
- Building and maintaining internal relationships with key departments and personnel
- Maintaining and updating press related information on the website and asset bank
- Sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship and product placement opportunities
- A background in Fashion, lifestyle or wellness PR
- Experience in developing and implementing PR Campaigns in the UK
- Ability to manage, plan and deliver multi-faceted PR solutions
- Strong experience, pushing the boundaries with current use of successful internet, Social media and Digital PR campaigns for celebrity seeding etc.
- Strong agency management skills
- Excellent media relation skills and contacts within the fashion / apparel arena
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to understand and deliver a select number of impactful and engaging stories with relevant meaning to our customers
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to build positive co-operative working relationships
- A keen eye for detail is essential
- Self-motivated and pro-active in approach
- Degree qualified in a related subject, i.e. English, Publishing, Media or Journalism or possessing equivalent experience
We know the world of work has changed, gone are the days of a 9-5 week in the office. Our UK office base is at The Foundry, Hammersmith and we have a 2-3 day a week in the office hybrid approach – there has to be a balance of course, culture is important to us and nothing beats face-time with our colleagues but we’re actively promoting different work patterns that work for our teams both personally and professionally.
We also continue to support our colleagues post-COVID with social distancing guidelines (where appropriate) and testing processes in place.