Who we are
A-Cold-Wall* are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Assistant Designer to join their London based team.
The successful candidate will be expected to work across all RTW and accessories product categories, supporting the design team from sketches and technical drawings to sourcing, fittings and tech packs.
This will require strong organisational skills as well as the passion and drive to create innovative, market leading products.
This role will report to the Design Director.
What your day to day will look like
- Create and update working tech packs and collection overviews
- Attend fittings and to apply the relevant comments to tech packs
- Assist design team with technical drawings and sketch development
- Research design details and concepts
- Knowledge of garment construction, and an ability to annotate technical drawings
- Colour selection and application across products using Adobe
- Understanding of trim, and the ability to support the design team on CADs
- Supporting on special projects, made in house, capsules and collaborations as required
What you need to succeed
- 1-3 years relevant designer experience
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for fashion and creative industries
- Team player who takes initiative and can handle fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- A relevant design qualification to BA (Hons) standard or equivalent
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)