Do you have a passion for creating best-in-class customer experiences? FIGS is looking for a Director of Retention Marketing to develop strategies that segment, grow and retain customers. The ideal candidate has a customer-first mindset and is passionate about running a team focused on understanding our customers' experiences across all channels including website, email, SMS, landing pages, referral programs, direct mail and more to drive business growth and customer retention.
This position will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and partner cross-functionally with acquisition, brand, data, merchandising and product and engineering teams to create a true lifecycle marketing experience that attracts customers, converts, retains, and delivers on the best customer experience for the FIGS community of Awesome Humans.
What you'll be doing:
- Own strategy, execution and optimization of the entire FIGS Customer Lifecycle, including direct accountability for email, SMS and mobile app engagement strategy and performance. Core KPIs include email, SMS, and push notification engagement rates, revenue, and customer repeat purchase rates
- Partner with Growth, Brand, Merchandising and Digital Product teams to optimize and personalize the customer journey, developing pre-emptive strategies that deliver the right message to the right person, at the right time
- Own, execute and communicate email, SMS, push notifications and retention marketing campaigns to drive improvements in audience segmentation and frequency to drive repeat rate, LTV, and increased engagement and advocacy
- Manage and grow the email, SMS and app subscriber database
- Own strategy and reporting for FIGS referral and loyalty programs
- Own monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting - work closely with the Data Science and Retention Marketing Analyst to continuously measure customer lifecycle performance and communicate results
- Develop a high performing team of lifecycle/retention marketers and ensure their continued development and growth within the organization
A little bit about us...
- 10+ years of marketing experience in driving lifecycle and retention marketing, including email, CRM, loyalty, site marketing, and customer segmentation, ideally for a DTC and/or apparel brand
- Marketing/Communications Degree, MBA a plus
- Successful track-record of developing marketing strategies, executing, measuring, and delivering on performance targets
- Knowledge of direct-to-consumer eCommerce, retention marketing trends, and Email/CRM technologies
- Strong collaboration, communication and presentation skills to inform, encourage and implement impactful marketing initiatives
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to scrutinize large amounts of data and turn it into actionable initiatives (including both quantitative and qualitative data)
- Experience with testing methodology and experience driving results through analytics
- An eye for strong creative and storytelling, and experience partnering with Creative teams on both direct response and brand marketing assets and communication
- Strong empathy and understanding of the customer mindset to deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Excellent project management skills including: conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering analysis and recommendations
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS' foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS' Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS' Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.