APPARATUS is a New York-based designer and manufacturer of a distinctive catalog of high-end, high-touch lighting, furniture and objects. We produce both in-house and with the support of high-quality external partners; our catalog is sold globally.
- Manage the overall experience and appearance of the studio and ensure it runs seamlessly. Build relationships with our team members to understand and respond to needs of the team.
- Manage relationships with external partners, e.g., building management, vendors for storage, cleaning, and other office-related needs.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and deliveries and manage outgoing messengers and shipments.
- Oversee shipping and label management for all office employees for both internal and external shipments.
- Stay up-to-date on company initiatives, priorities the organization’s needs.
- Develop organizational procedures and systems to increase efficiencies.
- Serve as facilities liaison, helping to resolve electrical, plumbing, and maintenance issues.
- Oversee all office operations, equipment, maintenance, service contracts and systems.
- Order lunch for the executive team and coordinate catering for meetings.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Work closely with IT to resolve technology issues.
- Manage conference room schedules and calendars.
- Work closely with HR, IT and managers to coordinate New Hire orientation, tours and off-boarding as needed.
- Coordinate international and domestic travel logistics including flight itineraries, hotel rates and reservations.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and switch focus with ease.
- Extremely organized with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent time-management skills, independent drive and the ability to work under pressure to deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Professional, confident, and gracious.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Sound personal judgement, detail-oriented and organized.
- Comfortable stepping outside regular duties as needed.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing plans and priorities in an ever-evolving environment. Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and proactively in seeking support and help when needed.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience in similar role.
- Experience in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency, and excellence.
- Experience servicing high-end clientele.
- Proven experience managing competing priorities and urgent requests.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively; ability to delegate and drive for results.
- Full-time Studio hours: Monday–Friday generally 10:00AM–6:00PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Weekly 1:1s.
- Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our New York studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.