Commercial Finance Analyst - Accessories
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As a trusted finance partner, you will use your finance expertise, connecting seamlessly with your Business and Finance colleagues, to provide commercial finance support, influencing decisions or strategies to deliver bottom-line benefits.
With a commercial finance focus, this role incorporates forecasting, budgeting, and business partner support in the Cost of Sales and Product costing areas.
As a business partner, you must provide robust financial analysis to drive performance and enable business decision-making with cost and margin focus.
You will be primarily supporting the Accessories business unit, partnering mainly with the Costing team, with exposure to senior leadership in Merchandising, Planning, Product Development and Supply Chain. You will also occasionally support the Shoes business unit, contingent on strategic priorities.
In support of these functions, you will be responsible for managing the data and reporting for the cost-saving programmes with key vendors and suppliers.
• Provide financial and commercial support to the Accessories Business Unit teams and Supply Chain Leads. Develop strong and trusted partnerships and, with a commercial mindset, provide analysis, challenge, and insight on commercial finance matters and strategies
• Support ongoing Strategic initiatives in the Accessories and Shoes Business units by updating and tracking business cases
• Support the end to end cost management initiatives by providing additional transparency on development costs and vendor profitability
• Develop insightful reporting and analysis, translating complex data into actionable insights. Develop scenario analysis on Cost of Goods strategies.
• Partner with the Costing team on costing guidance for seasonal Margin forecasts. Develop seasonal costing guidance for the Accessories & Shoes business units.
• Ensure sufficient financial rigour is applied to all key investment decisions and track initiatives and saving projects through Supply Chain to their final impact on Product Margin
• Partner with business teams to deliver outstanding supplier/vendor relationships through commodity market analysis, performance tracking, effective profitability and cost structure analysis, and support for negotiation and business development as required
• Support ad hoc projects targeting cost reductions or margin improvements.
• Support the development and implementation of new standardised cross category Cost of Goods and Gross Margin reporting in collaboration with BI and Finance teams under the umbrella of the Finance Transformation Programme.
• Part qualified accountant ACA/CIMA or equivalent (min 2 years working experience)
• Strong analytical background, good attention to detail, eager to learn
• Highly commercial mindset with proven experience to influence decision-making
• Highly skilled in modelling large and complex data sets
• Experience in building and presenting insightful analyses
• Communicate financial and data insights to a broader multi-level audience with ease
• Business partnering with non-finance individuals and teams
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to meet conflicting deadlines
• Self-prioritise and manage workload with minimal supervision
• Previous support to manufacturing and/or product costing preferred
• Proficient use of Microsoft suite, advanced Excel skills (Power BI an advantage)
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || COMMERCIAL FINANCE || n/a ||