Garment Development and Production Manager
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Garment Development and Production Manager to join our London team at a time when the team and business is growing rapidly.
The role offers a great opportunity to be at the centre of the product development, design and supply process of Sister Jane's product ranges.
The role involves being a hands-on garment technologist with day-to-day responsibility to provide support and technical guidance to the design and production team. The role also involves being responsible of the product development and production critical path, ensuring that all products are delivered on time and to a consistently high standard.
- Work with the design team and suppliers to develop new product
- Assist and manage production of the spec sheets, working closely with the design team and suppliers from sampling, fitting, through to delivery
- Work with the design team and suppliers to develop samples for new collections, applying a strong technical knowledge of garment construction throughout the process
- Manage check and amendment process of specification packs
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure all cloth compositions and fabric care information is accurate and up to date on specification sheets
- Manage fitting sessions
- Set guidelines and standards for garment testing laboratories
Manage Critical Path:
- Liaise regularly with suppliers and factories in China to ensure compliance and procedures are being followed
- Manage critical path, track progress status, report any issues affecting production schedule
- Ensure key milestone dates are achieved to ensure a timely delivery and work with suppliers to troubleshoot issues
- Work with design team and suppliers on costing, quantity, production planning, sourcing and delivery
- Liaise with suppliers and external QC companies to monitor QC process
- Set guidelines and standards for QC companies to follow and report on
- Check bulk production samples to make sure they meet guidelines and troubleshoot QC issues with suppliers when needed, problem solving and communicating issues effectively
- Monitor returns of faulty garments reports, identifying issue patterns, communicating and resolving relevant issues with suppliers.
- Apply Sister Jane total quality and continuous improvement principles across the supply chain
Skills and Experience Required:
- A degree in Fashion Design, Garment Technology or similar academic qualifications
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a design or garment technology role
- Strong technical knowledge with a passion for quality and excellence
- Fluent Mandarin an advantage but not a requirement for the role
- Confident, organised and attentive to details
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills
- Not shy to take initiative and taking the lead when necessary
- Excellent communication skills and mindful of cultural differences
- Fluency in MS Office as well as CAD design software