Summary & Purpose of Role
This is an aspirational career opportunity for someone with design experience looking for their next step. The Junior Designer will be responsible for assisting with the development and production processes across all Rat & Boa category collections.
You will work collaboratively with our Head of Design and Creative Directors to create unique ranges, using a Rat & Boa lens to ensure that our brand identity and vision is always apparent.
Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- You will conduct seasonal trend research into fabrication, print, colour, design details and silhouettes along with trend forecasting.
- You will assist and contribute to mood boards and colour palettes
- You will conduct research and put together ideas to prepare for design and product meetings.
- You will work closely with the Head of Design on inspiring and innovative designs that will be sketched and put into development each season.
- You will assist in the preparation of complete sketch and tech packs and briefing sheets.
- You will assist in garment development and design.
- You will participate in range reviews.
- You will participate in all elements of fittings and display a confidence and aptitude in developing styles from sketch to production, taking thorough notes during meetings and updating sketches.
- You will understand and respect collection deadlines set by the Production Manager to ensure the timely delivery of the seasonal collection.
- You will oversee all stages of the approval process including lab dips and fabric approvals from pre-production to shipment, maintaining and observing delivery time frames.
- You will assist with tracking and shipping sample parcels.
- You will create and monitor pre-shipment samples and PPS sample trackers.
Organisation ‘Fit’ & Values
- You will be an ambassador for Rat & Boa, actively promoting the company both inside and outside the business.
- You are outgoing, approachable and supportive.
- You have a proven ability to manage workloads and conflicting priorities in a busy work environment.
- You view and welcome constructive criticism as a means for development and improvement.
Background & Profile
- Degree in Fashion Design or related degree.
- Skills in Illustrator/ Indesign/ Photoshop/ Adobe Packages.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work autonomously or in a team.
- Extremely motivated approach.
- A natural learner who can then turn learnings into action.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively on several projects simultaneously with excellent time management skills.
- Goal oriented, results driven individual.
- Commercially minded, quickly responding to business and market needs.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and reliability with a hands on attitude.
- Creative thinker with the ability to think outside the box.
- Comfortable with remote working.
- 3+ years of fashion design experience working with luxury brands.
- Must have previously worked in a Junior Design role as part of a team
- Soft skills:
- Must be able to work well both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent communication skills to provide clear direction and leadership on creative concepts visually and verbally.