Assistant Buyer (Temp)
The Assistant Buyer role at Show Me Your Mumu is responsible for supporting the team in analyzing, forecasting and buying for the ecommerce business. This temporary role is responsible for supporting the site merchandising and strategic direction of inventory planning. To excel in the position, this person must be a self-starter, have a love for both product and analytics, thinks outside the box, and enjoys working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. This position will report into the Buyers/Planners for Ecommerce. This role is hybrid and may work 1-2 days remotely each week. Candidates must be within commuting distance of the Mumu HQ in Downtown Los Angeles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Open-to-Buy/ Inventory Management
- Support the Buyers in overall buying process each season; provide hindsight reporting, current sales trends and market trend analysis.
- Run daily Pre-sell function on site based on inventory ownership
- Present seasonal analysis to understand sales performance to develop future goals.
- Work closely with Buyers to Hindsight monthly learnings to prepare all necessary reporting decks.
- Work with Buying team on monthly reconciliation of receipts
- Create Purchase Order Entry, order maintenance for internal buys and external vendor PO’s
- Maintain and update the open-to-buy receipts recap monthly
- Assist Accessories Buyer with product upload needs; product descriptions, attributes, search terms, imagery requests and uploads to Shopify
- Liaise with external vendors
- Handles site merchandising for designated categories to align Mumu vision and top investments for maximum exposure.
- Align all seasonal assortment strategies with weekly site changeouts, make sure visual merchandising is to Mumu standards
- Compile Competitive Analysis - understand competitor sites for best practices, product trends, pricing strategies, markdown/promotional cadences and site merchandising techniques.
Forecasting and Analysis
- Assist in pulling and preparing weekly Monday business reports, as well as monthly Returns Reporting
- Partner with Planner to hindsight in-season & post-season performance by category.
- Assist in pulling size curve analytics to optimize ecommerce business.
- Run & publish various weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc Merchandise Planning reports as needed.
- Work with Buyers to ensure that receipt goals are met each month and are reflected as new assortments are delivered online.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Advanced Excel skills necessary,
- Experience with Shopify/Shopify Plus, Full Circle, Google Analytics, Search Spring a plus
- Strong Analytical and Business knowledge of retail and merchandising concepts
- Result-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Able to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a planning or buying function preferred