- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 1 Dec 2022
- Senior Manager
- Full Time
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Senior Copywriter will help shape content and copy strategy for large-scale projects and seasonal campaigns like store openings and holiday, concepting and executing a range of assets across digital, print, and social. Excellent storytelling and writing skills, and the ability to collaborate with partners including Art Directors, Site Merchandisers, and Buying teams are essential. This individual can think big picture while maintaining a laser-focused eye on the details; communicates and elevates the Bloomingdale's voice through brand-specific copy, and always prioritizes the customer experience.
• Conceptualize 360° campaign ideas from video to in-store activations
• Elevate Bloomingdale's brand voice so it is informative, original, and reflective of how people shop today
• Craft all emails and paid media relating to shoes and handbags
• Effectively manage the production workflow for assigned family of business
• Ensure consistency and adherence to Bloomingdale's copy standards
• Maintain high standards for writing and proofreading
Qualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
5+ years direct experience
- Strong background in campaign concepting, either at an agency or in-house at a brand
- Keen understanding of copy needs by medium (digital media, catalog, email, homepage, etc.)
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing, and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 15 lbs.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert