About Bergdorf Goodman
As the house of extraordinary taste for almost 120-years,
We are New York's original icon of style.
The legendary window on inventive inspiration,
Discerning since day one, we define the culture of fashion.
We are a community of "creative ingeniuses"
Cultivating experiences beyond the expected,
and nurturing ideas that inspire the joy of discovery.
We thrive on bringing exceptional creative talents together.
We are unabashedly luxury. And luxury is ours to define.
We are Bergdorf Goodman
Darcy Penick, President of Bergdorf Goodman and one of the first leaders in pure-play fashion e-commerce, has built a team of industry pioneers who are bringing their collective expertise and commitment to operational excellence to the world of Bergdorf Goodman. As the destination to discover best in class designers, emerging brands and exclusive products, Bergdorf Goodman provides customers with transformative experiences that embody the definition of modern luxury. Director of Merchandise Planning Role Overview
: The Director of Merchandise Planning is the business partner to the G/DMM(s). Primary Focus of Role
: Leading tops-down/ bottoms-up planning and analysis, forecasting and development/implementation of profitable merchandise strategies across multiple divisions.
The Director will report to the VP of Inventory Planning and will be responsible for leading and developing a team Planning Managers (MMP) & Merchandise Planners (MP).
The Director of Merchandise Planning holds the skillset to synthesize data & influence action plans across the organization. The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative leader of people, process, and has a high comfort level working cross-functionally.
- Develop seasonal/annual merchandise financial plans with partnership from VP Planning, G/DMMs & MMPs
- Own end-to-end product life-cycle for multiple divisions, with responsibility to optimize sales, margin & turn
- Drive pre-season purchase planning process and lead frequent risk/opportunity updates
- Lead markdown management & stock content validation /optimization
- Lead monthly division forecasting process with G/DMM & MMPs to present to VP Planning/Chief Merchant
- Validate bottoms-up plans & projections to ensure company sales, margin & inventory expectations are being met
- Provide resolution & high-level analysis of plans/forecasts while identifying risks and opportunities
- Frequently communicate business updates and directives to divisional partners and teammates
- Accountable to lead & develop multiple direct reports (MMPs, MPs)
- Represents Merchandising and Planning in key initiatives and special projects
- Influential cross functional leadership skillset to partner across banner businesses (NM) as BG stakeholder
- Category owner of breadth/depth, classification optimization, replenishment, drop ship, store productivity & conversion.
- Lead and inspire team and partners- contribute to environment that strengthens the organization through training & development initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree & 10+ years of Merchandising & Planning experience
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Experienced in open-to-buy management /ownership
- Strong leadership, management, communication, customer service, and organization skills
- Flexible and able to perform well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent Excel & retail math skills
- Omni-Channel & multi-vendor/portfolio management experience strongly preferred
- Replenishment experience preferred
- Self-starter with ability to work well in groups
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Presentation Skills- Excellent communicator
- Experienced in influencing and change-management
- Inquisitive nature & can-do attitude
- Challenges team & partners to take calculated risks