Senior Copywriter, UX
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 27 Apr 2023
- Senior Manager
- Full Time
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Senior Copywriter UX is the gatekeeper of Bloomingdale's voice throughout the shopping funnel. In this position, you will work with a cross-functional team to improve the customer journey through brand-right, best-in-class copy. Combining technical and editorial copywriting, this position requires the perfect left/right brain balance. We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized person with a keen understanding of UX best practices, who will advocate for our customer and brand at all touchpoints.
• Ensure consistency and adherence to bloomingdales.com copy standards
• Partner with our UX, Site Merchandizing, and Marketing teams to translate business strategy into creative solutions
• Participate actively in working groups from discovery to testing and iterating to launch, removing friction, and improving the customer experience across desktop, mobile, and app
• Problem-solve and simplify complex content so that it is clear and easy to digest
• Prioritize the customer at all times
• Manage projects through all stages of the workflow
Qualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
5+ years direct experience
• Background in ecommerce/editorial
• Solid understanding of site functionality, architecture, and navigation
• Familiarity with UX best practices across digital, mobile, and app
• Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing, and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 15 lbs.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert