Image Editor - Temporary
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 4 Nov 2022
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Bloomingdales.com has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Image Editor to contribute to our in-house online retouching team. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience with high-end photo retouching to produce high-end images for both print and digital platforms. The Image Editor will bring solid experience working in a creative, fast-paced environment and understand the fashion industry. Responsible for large volumes while maintaining high quality standards when working on catalogs, newspaper/magazine ads, outdoor media, and web content Ability to adhere to strict deadlines is a must.
- Partner with Manager of Image Editing to support workflow efficiencies and sustain image quality standards within the Bloomingdale's brand.
- Collaborate with creative teams to discuss art directions for seasonal campaigns and editorial stories/sections.
- Ability to follow and accurately apply directives, color curve treatments and work with photographic styles to achieve creative intent.
- Understand the balance between art and commerce when retouching for various business channels, which include RTW, Men's, Home, Fine Jewelry, Shoes/Handbags and Cosmetics.
- Attend creative meetings and apply knowledge of photography/print production to identify and address potential challenges that may arise during retouching.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
5+ years direct experience
• Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Photo retouching, color correction, merch/swatch matching
- Studio art retouch 300 p/wk, Vendor art retouch 600 p/wk
- Up to date technical knowledge for digital retouching and video editing.
- Strong skills in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Camera RAW, Capture One
- Solid knowledge of print production, CMYK and digital color spaces
Click here to enter text.
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing, and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 15 lbs.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert