Hush is a fast-growing fashion and lifestyle brand, founded 18 years ago by Mandy Watkins and now established as one of the UK’s leading online fashion retailers. We employ around 150 staff in our head office and across 30 John Lewis concessions, creating and selling a beautiful range of women’s clothing and accessories that are characterised by an elegant simplicity and laidback sense of style. Despite the challenges to the retail industry over the past 2 years, hush has continued grow – but our company culture still reflects our entrepreneurial roots and relaxed aesthetic – we love hard-working and talented people with a can-do attitude and a passion for what they do.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Branch Merchandising team for a Senior Allocator. The role will be working closely with the ABM/JBM to manage the team workload and assist in overseeing our Allocators and acting as a key contact for the Retail Team.
- Work with the ABM in the day to day running of the team, and ensuring new and existing allocators are fully trained, workload is divided fairly, tasks are prioritised accordingly, and work is completed to a high standard. This could include delegating where necessary to allocators, ensuring they know how to deal with all queries.
- Supervise the running of all weekly and daily sales reporting, ensuring all data is accurate and deadlines are met. This includes updating and refreshing reports season to season and the maintenance of lookups and MD/promo line lists.
- Acting as a key contact for the retail team, answering emails on an ad-hoc basis and acting upon feedback in a timely manner to optimise sales across the channels and make a positive business impact.
- Track and manage stock levels through replen by reviewing the allocation file and highlighting weekly replen amendments, updates, or changes to the branch merch team, and maintain the replen ‘checklist’.
- Oversee Initial Allocation moves and carry out checks to ensure the product is distributed correctly to prevent errors in allocation and flag any issues to the ABM/JBM immediately.
- Liaise with the warehouse, Ops, and Logistics team on distribution and intake to ensure all orders are uploaded on time and dispatched correctly. Transfers back to the warehouse will also need to be organised on an ad-hoc basis, ensuring relevant teams are contacted, replenishment is stopped and there is a clear re-route strategy for the stock.
- Maintain data accuracy from both a sales and stock perspective in BC and review mins and maxes on a weekly basis for all sites. Ensure that there is always optimal stock availability by size for John Lewis so that sales are not affected and in turn do not comprise Direct Sales.
- Support the ABM in making weekly line by line suggestions. Verify that the stock movements are carried out correctly by the end of every Monday.
- Manage duplicate SKUs with merchandising teams, ensuring the tracker is updated and old SKUs are cleared through as efficiently as possible.
- Assist the Branch Merch and ABM with stock takes – helping to organise the stock takes for each season and ensuring all necessary data is accurate and pulled as far in advance as possible.
- Assist the ABM with the product setup process to successfully launch new season in a smooth and efficient manner; this includes checking all products are captured within smart sheets and registered in advance, imagery is sent to JL, stock is uploaded to the Torque Portal in a timely manner, and True Commerce is regularly updated to avoid blank sales.
- Conduct regular website checks for the John Lewis website to ensure standards are being met and product is correctly displayed, especially on launch days. Update the website tracker and feedback to the team regularly including expected vs actual product availability ahead of and following drop launches.
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to always ensure accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to multitask, maintain focus under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Solid computer knowledge, especially in Excel
- Strong commercial awareness and an interest in fashion and retail
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications are encouraged from individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships