A COLLECTIVE OF INNOVATORS, DELIVERING VISIBLE SOLUTIONS FOR THE INVISIBLE ISSUES FACING OUR PLANET.
Microplastics in the sea. Aquifers depleting faster than they recharge. Sometimes the biggest problems are the ones we can’t see. We shed light on issues that are affecting our planet, and the big ideas it takes to solve them. We believe in a future where limited resources are no longer limited. So far, our technology has saved millions of litres of water and could prevent billions of microfibres from ending up in our oceans.
Xeros is at the precipice of adoption. With a clear purpose and vision, and a new brand identity in development, we now require a social media and content expert to work with the team in amplifying our story and technologies into the world.
Inspirational and uplifting storytelling. Based on fact not fiction. You will be magnifying unseen issues and the ideas it takes to solve them, driving awareness and action. Your role will be to amplify the story of our incredible technologies to the world, engaging with our multiple audiences, using various platforms to bring visibility and fame to Xeros. Your expertise will firmly place us in the conversation as a thought leader.
Joining a group of innovators, you don’t have to have a science degree, but you should possess attributes of curiosity, optimism, and action. Naturally you will be interested in sustainability, but we don’t expect you to be a full-scale environmentalist (unless you choose to be) sometimes small imperfect steps make the difference. You will be passionate, authentic, and brave, but with the balance of consideration and humility that is needed to challenge industries into new ways of thinking. Naturally you will be creative, with excellent written English and content creation experience, able to translate the Xeros story for our complex multiple audiences. You need to be comfortable with data and scientific references, as well as rigorous fact checking - transparency and truth are central to our story. You may come from a background in the textiles or fashion industry, but it isn’t a must have. Although this role is based in Sheffield a number of the team are based across the UK and travel to the office for a couple of days a week so we are open to applicants from further afield.
IN MORE DETAIL
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Your role will be to manage our social channels as well as launching new ones. You will plan and implement all our social content and ensure it reflects the new brand direction.
- Together with the Marketing Manager, you will devise and roll out written content on our digital channels driving readership, engagement, and traffic to Xeros.
- As our tone of voice guardian, you adapt your writing for short social content through to long form articles.
- As well as utilising the library of existing content, with your photography and design skills you will create engaging new assets as we amplify the brand.
REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
- Implementing new social listening tools, you inform the team of our (growing) presence, sentiment and what more we should be doing.
- You keep abreast of industry developments sharing the latest platform trends and recommendations for Xeros.
- Seeking out new partners, opportunities, and news you keep the team abreast of important relevant discussions happening out there in the world and advise how to leverage and join these.
- You will work as part of the whole Xeros team, liaising with other departments to understand existing and new product developments and how to tell our stories.
- Your copywriting skills will help to support internal communications from time to time.
- With the wider marketing team you will help to develop and create processes & guidelines to ensure we follow best practice and are efficient collaborators.
- Research skills to keep us abreast of changes in our relevant fields.
- Other general requirements may be required working as part of a small creative team.
- Experience of delivering social media strategy planning
- Extensive experience in copy writing and content creation
- Experience of working at a Social Media Manager level
- Proven ability to deliver ROI on lead generating campaign activity with clear working understanding and able to report to key stakeholders
- Creative and analytically minded
- Ability to effectively work with key stakeholders around the business
- Able to present thoughts and recommendations clearly and concisely
- Brand guardianship
- Good numerical skills
- Able to work on your own and part of a team
- Degree calibre within English, Marketing, Business, or associated discipline
- 5 years social media experience
- Able to prioritise own work-load, being highly organised and able to work to deadlines
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Creative Photography
- CMS experience (wordpress preferred)
- European or global experience
- Collating and communicating market-based insights
- Understanding and management of Google Analytics
- Consumer and B2B marketing experience
- Textiles or Apparel industry experience
JOIN OUR COLLECTIVE OF INNOVATORS
Our remuneration scheme is highly competitive. You can expect your salary to be reflective of your experience, benchmarked against the industry. In addition, we offer a pension, share options, and an annual bonus.
Being supported at work is vital so we have a flexible hybrid working approach to suit both you and the business, along with an early finish every Friday, and 25 days holiday each year (+ bank holidays). For your wellbeing we also include private medical insurance, life assurance, and mental wellbeing support.
We support your career with personal development and encourage you to be part of the team with a collaborative company culture and social events. We encourage everyone to live with a minimal impact on the planet where they can, so offer a cycle to work scheme and EV charging on site.