Content Marketing Manager - Branded Content
We organize over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business.
We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
The Content Marketing Manager – Branded Content will play a key role in developing and delivering sponsored and editorial content in support of our hero brands, live event brands, and “always on” industry insights initiatives. This role is responsible for the execution, management, and delivery/distribution of content programs, content calendars, and production timelines designed to meet sales and marketing objectives and reach business goals. In addition, this content marketer will work closely with cross-functional internal teams and external partners to execute branded/sponsored content development efforts. In addition, the Content Marketing Manager – Branded Content will support both Industry Insights and Editorial Content teams as needed in the ideation, development, production, delivery, and distribution of non-sponsored content.
The Content Marketing Manager – Branded Content must possess a deep understanding of editorial best practices as they relate to B2B content marketing for a variety of platforms, channels, and purposes, including acquiring new customers, engaging and retaining existing customers, building communities, and driving ROI. You are a storyteller at heart, with a deep understanding of how to create and deliver value-add content that strengthens our brand position(s), thought leadership, and ultimately drives customers/prospects to take action.
Role Accountability and Duties
Supported by the Director of Industry Insights and Director of Content & Community, responsible for the execution and project management of branded/sponsored content programs, hero brand- and parent brand-aligned editorial content; collaborating with sales, creative, marketing, and other cross-functional teams where needed
(Content types: editorials, infographics, e-books, interviews, webinars and digital sessions, guides, brand and product editorials, case studies, thought leadership content)
- Working with the Director of Industry Insights, Director of Content & Community, sponsorship team, and other cross-functional teams to develop an understanding of the sponsor’s objectives, expectations, timeline, details, etc. as it relates to management and execution of sponsored content programs
- Acquire deep understanding of our existing customer base and target customer segments as they relate to market verticals
- Research, identify, and understand key topics and themes of importance to the fashion industry as well as our existing and prospective customer segments; understand and address challenges/needs through impactful, value-add content
CONTENT DELIVERY, DISTRIBUTION, & MEASUREMENT
- Support in management of content calendar(s) and alignment with cross-functional marketing teams for on-time delivery of content and content programs
- Collaborate with creative, marketing, and other cross-functional teams to plan and deliver content across appropriate platforms, including social media
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing team to optimize website-hosted content through SEO best-practices
- Analyze content performance, engagement, and ROI and consolidate feedback from cross-functional teams; continually work to identify and recommend improvement areas to elevate the quality of content deliverables and optimize for conversion and ROI when applicable.
- Collaborating with digital, marketing, and other cross-functional teams (s) to consolidate monthly, quarterly, and annual content performance metrics for internal and external reporting.
- Manage, audit, update and optimize library of existing content, always with an eye on how to repurpose and lengthen life of value-add content and drive further ROI
EDITORIAL STEWARDSHIP & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Be a steward of best practices in grammar, writing, voice, and style
- Ensure consistency throughout all content assets developed; actively collaborate with marketing, brand, and creative team(s) to ensure consistent look, feel, and voice across all produced content
- Edit sponsored branded content for style, grammar, and quality to maintain brand integrity and ensure effectiveness/usefulness for audiences.
- Project manage and actively collaborate with external content agencies, partners, and freelancers to provide direction, edits, and feedback for development and delivery of world-class content on time and budget
- Prioritize work and resources across projects based on short- and long-term needs, establishing achievable production schedules; Implement and manage standards, processes, and best practices for workflow as related to content calendar(s), timelines and deadlines, production schedules, delivery, and distribution of content
- Responsible for third-party/freelance invoice management & tracking
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field, with a background in content marketing
- Exceptional written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to apply those skills across multiple content marketing formats (articles, infographics, email content, social media posts, webinars, whitepapers, e-books, etc.)
- Experience working with a variety of traditional and new media formats
- Familiarity with content measurement tools/metrics and ability to analyze data to inform campaign optimization
- Tech savvy and comfortable adopting new technologies and systems. Strong MAC and PC skills, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Adobe Creative Suite skills are a plus.
- Detail-oriented, articulate, and eloquent in the written and spoken word; comfortable presenting and sharing ideas in both small and large group formats
- Proven success working in matrixed organizations. Comfortable collaborating internally and externally.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, and adaptable with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously
- Out-of-the-box thinker - You are willing to challenge norms and develop fresh ideas and approaches to reach audiences and engage our customers.
- Problem solver – You balance stakeholder needs while maintaining brand and business objectives. You can identify roadblocks, determine fixes, and work in a team environment to implement the solutions to achieve the end goal.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to take projects and run with them
- Enthusiastic, creative, analytical, and inquisitive – you take pride in the work that you produce with an eagerness to learn more
- Interest and background in fashion and retail industries; background in B2B fashion industry a plus
Salary: 56K non-exempt
Please note this is an associate level role
What we offer:
· Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
· 401K and Matching
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Generous PTO policy
· Employee Discount Program
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply. Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com