Finance Manager RTW and RMX
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As a trusted finance partner, you will use your finance expertise, connecting seamlessly with your Business and Finance colleagues, to provide commercial finance support, influencing decisions or strategy to deliver effective margin management.
This role should be viewed as a co-pilot to Business colleagues in the RTW categories, driving performance, pro-actively looking for value opportunities, enabling business decision-making and championing cost and margin focus.
You will have full responsibility for the financial aspects of partnership initiatives and cost saving programmes with key vendors and suppliers looking across the relationship from development through to finished product.
Additionally the role has a strong raw materials focus with particular oversight on the total Raw material excess financial management. The effective management of raw materials represents a major opportunity to strengthen profitability and reduce waste within Burberry. This particular role requires cross-functional collaboration & strong leadership to drive end-to-end process alignment, from tighter controls around raw material commitments through to improved utilization of excess and management of provisioning.
• Provide financial and commercial support to the RTW Unit and Supply Chain Leads. Develop strong and trusted partnerships and with a commercial mind-set, provide analysis, challenge and insight on commercial finance matters and strategies
• Develop insightful reporting and analysis and provide product costing guidance for seasonal forecasts, budget, and three-year plan
• Partner with the business teams on margin management and associated initiatives.
• Provide robust business partnering support in RM management and RM excess management. In respect of RMX drive improved control over and reduction in excess raw materials by optimising commercial processes, embedding accountability, and leveraging cross-functional teams.
• Produce and track procurement budgets and utilisation targets for RMX and manage the Group raw materials excess and related provisions, both in terms of actuals and forecast/budget
• Ensure sufficient financial rigour is applied on all key investment decisions and track initiatives and saving projects through Supply Chain to their final impact on Product Margin
• Support cross-business margin management initiatives such as strategic investment opportunities or cost efficiency projects.
• Manage direct reports to optimise their performance and enable their development.
• Qualified accountant ACA/CIMA or equivalent with at 3+ years PQE (as a guide).
• Strong analytical background, good attention to detail.
• Ability to build rapport and trust.
• Ability to interact with, advise and challenge business partners.
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
• Commercial mindset
• Ability to see short and long term effects of possible actions.
• Business partnering with non-finance individuals and teams
• Proven track record of driving improvements/cost savings
• Great people management skills, previous line management
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || COMMERCIAL FINANCE || n/a ||