Reporting to the Visual Merchandise Manager, this role will coordinate and implement all AMIRI visual merchandising and display functions for retail boutiques and wholesale accounts. This includes training sales staff of general visual merchandising and displays, developing standards and seasonal guidelines, handling display and installations for special events, and creative window projects.
The Visual Merchandiser will balance art and commerce by ensuring a consistent client experience and driving the brand’s values. The position is based out of AMIRI HQ with consistent weekly visits to the AMIRI Rodeo Flagship store and occasional travel to other locations in the US.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure in-store product presentations are consistent with the retail strategy and visual guidelines. Consider localized market needs and variations including inventory levels, product delivery schedules, and seasonality.
- Manage window installations, in-store seasonal creative roll-outs, and special projects within the network.
- Oversee the training, execution, and maintenance of in-store brand standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional internal partners, including: Brand, Communications/PR, Store Planning, Merchandising, and Operations to ensure all business needs are addressed.
- Collaborate with Visual Merchandise Manager, Sr. Brand Manager, and Creative Director on conceptualizing seasonal window displays and brand activations.
- Develop weekly store rotation schedule based on product delivery, seasonal client traffic patterns, brand events, and special projects.
- Develop and nurture partnerships with store managers within the network to promote brand and sales – driving VM presentations to enhance opportunities.
- Create seasonal guidelines in partnership with Visual Merchandise Manager, Director of Stores, and Director of Merchandising for creative and business alignment.
- Create and maintain a VM calendar for all projects for the year that includes, but is not limited to: launch dates, window installations, and special events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5+ years in Visual Merchandising, preferably within a competitive luxury brand and/or graphic design.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop) and Microsoft Office. SketchUp skills are a plus.
- Experience in executing visual merchandising initiatives, including: window displays, mannequin styling, and special events.
- Knowledge of holistic retail business concepts in buying, marketing, and customer experience.
- Excellent communication skills, a high level of autonomy, and adaptability.
- Acute attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours, including: early morning, evenings, overnights, and occasional weekends.
- 25-50% travel required; domestic and international.
- Valid driver license and reliable transportation.