Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Across all brand touchpoints-from Bloomingdales.com to our newest small store concept, Bloomie's-everyone plays a critical role bringing our mission to life. Our inclusive culture promotes diversity of background, thought and opinion. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative, while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview:
Store Managers have total four wall accountability and are floor present leaders on the forefront of both the colleague and customer experience. Through an inspirational leadership style, strong interpersonal skills and solid business acumen, they will guide the selling journey and inspire their team to bring the Bloomie's mission to life. A successful Bloomie's Store Manager possesses a passion for people, whether seeking, attracting and developing top talent or ensuring the customer receives an outstanding experience. They also have an inherent passion for merchandise and are a strong merchant-entrepreneur. The Store Manager drives sales, service and loyalty through their store team. They create a customer centric experience that delivers the sales and profit objectives for the store. The Store Manager anticipates the daily needs of the business and responds to market/fashion trends. In today's retail environment, our leaders are flexible and agile supporting sales results and merchandising standards. Essential Functions:
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Deliver the sales and profit objectives for the store.
- Drive conversion and sales by observing, coaching and role modeling customer-centric selling behaviors while providing a fun shopping environment where all customers feel welcome.
- Support the customer journey with quick and efficient service or personal one-on-one attention depending on what they want.
- Direct the team on the service and selling standards of the store including client acquisition and development, digital selling, appointment and fitting room selling.
- Drive the highest levels of courtesy and respectfulness in how we interact with and service our customers
- Provide customer based feedback on assortment opportunities to central merchant organization in order to maximize sales opportunities.
- Develop collaborative business partnerships with Central, Merchant and Support teams that drive business performance.
- Direct team on the operational standards of the store including merchandising, floor plans, logistics, visual directives, shipments, transfers, floor moves, signing and markdowns
- Demonstrate product knowledge across all merchandise areas, including the ability to suggest and implement merchandising decisions to drive the business.
- Engage the local community. Insert self into the community; showing presence and visibility within the community; getting to know our potential customer and ensuring that what is important to our customer is important to us.
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
3-5 years related experience
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal and external business partners
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Requires periods of walking, standing, hearing, talking , reaching with extended arms, crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other office equipment
- Requires close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.