The position is based in our NYC corporate office and reports to the Senior Designer.
- With guidance from the Senior Designer, assist through all stages of the design process.
- Participate in all relevant design meetings. With the rest of the design team, create mood boards and conduct research across materiality, trims, embellishment, garment research, and colors in-line with seasonal inspiration.
- With guidance from Senior Designer be responsible for designing part of the expanding collection.
- Create accurate and detailed CAD mock-ups and embroidery design mockups through all stages
- Create and amend initial style numbers, tech packs, BOMS, and linesheets. Ensure design boards, and linesheets are maintained for all collections.
- Actively participate, take detailed notes during meetings and fittings and maintain archive of all fit photos.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or Apparel
- 1-2 years experience in an Assistant role
- Interest in fashion, awareness of trends and a good understanding of the Veronica Beard aesthetic
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically
- Understanding of fabric, garment construction, pattern making and fit
- Strong drawing skills and excellent knowledge of computer software including Adobe Suite & Microsoft office (including Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.