This person will oversee total product life cycle and be responsible for product buys, initial allocation/replenishment strategy, RTVs/Transfers, markdown management, etc. This role is based in our New York office and reports directly to the Buying Manager.
- Weekly reporting and comparative analysis of Veronica Beard sales performance. Recap delivery and classification selling to understand nuances by location and identify opportunities and /or risks for the business. Effectively communicate key learnings and action plans to the team.
- Inventory management for 20+ stores and veronicabeard.com in partnership with Business Planning Manager to ensure that merchandise is properly assorted. Work with allocator in season to align on weekly replenishment targets, store-to-store transfers, and RTVs to maximize sales and limit inventory risk.
- Support core/seasonal flow of denim styles, identifying key styles to carry forward and ensuring proper depth targets are bought to achieve sales plans
- In-depth seasonal hindsight reporting and by door analysis to support market prep and assortment planning.
- Support manager in market to identify key style rankings, store clustering strategy and depth investments by style and present buying strategy to senior management.
- Maintain market awareness through store visits, competitor shopping and product / pricing analysis.
- Build effective relationships with cross-functional partners and store teams.
- Supervise junior team members (allocators, assistants, and interns) and be accountable for continued growth and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of experience in buying, planning and/or merchandising; denim experience preferred
- Advanced excel skills
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Strong analytical, planning, and forecasting skills
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task while taking initiative and being account for work
- Entrepreneurial in spirit and flexible to deadline demands
- Team focused
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.