The Junior Accountant will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the finance department by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail. This role will utilize strong accounting knowledge, time management skills and effective problem solving to ensure success. This role is based out of our corporate office in New York reporting to the Accounting Manager.
- Oversee Ecom payment processing, reconciling balances, chargebacks and refunds
- Take charge of sale tax reconciliation
- Work with the accounting manager on maintaining accurate asset schedules
- Assist with intra department areas A/R, A/P
- Work closely with the accounting manager on reconciliation of GL Balances
- Provide coverage for team members as needed
- Assist with Special Ad hoc project requested by upper management
- 1-3 years of retail accounting experience
- Detail oriented, strong organizational, and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters (Preferably in Finance / Accounting)
- DTC experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of ERP Great Plains is a plus
- Enhanced verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.