Director Talent Acquisition
The individual will partner directly with hiring managers to provide recruitment support and solutions for all open positions. The Director of Talent Acquisition will also work on determining strategic processes to build our talent pipeline to attract, assess and select top talent as well as enhance the candidate experience. The role is based out of our New York corporate office.
- Responsible for full cycle Corporate and Retail recruitment from job description creation through offer acceptance
- Proactively source candidates via internal and external methods: cold-calling, networking, employee referrals and internal movement etc.
- Create, update, and maintain online job postings and boards.
- Screens candidates and uses most appropriate criteria
- Conducts phone screens to confirm interest and availability, provides information regarding the position and schedules all in-person interviews
- Manage Careers inbox.
- Ability to create and foster relationships with internal partners
- Create, communicate and manage a pipeline tool for positions with top talent for succession planning purposes
- Manage the candidate experience through seamless execution of interview process
- Conducts new hire onboarding
- Responsible for finalizing offer process, inclusive of reference checks, compensation requirements as well as manages the acceptance and turndowns of all candidates
- Demonstrates an understanding and knowledge of industry information and competitive landscape
- Provides market data and trends
- Ensures all relevant information is entered in the internal candidate database and LinkedIn Talent Hub
- Informs and educates team regarding the recruitment process and ensures decisions are made and communicated in a timely manner
- Create and update all job descriptions as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 12 years of apparel full cycle corporate and retail recruitment experience required
- Experience within a high growth organization preferred
- Deep talent acquisition and workforce planning expertise, and experience using Applicant Tracking Systems
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity, take risks, champion and influence change preferred
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.