Product Development Manager
Shrimps is a fashion label from London-based designer Hannah Weiland, launched in 2013.
With a background in History of Art and Surface Textile Design, Weiland takes her inspiration from the witticisms of modern art and a playful engagement with pattern and texture.
Initially renowned for colourful faux fur outerwear, bringing the material to the luxury sphere and leading the conversation on cruelty-free fashion, Shrimps now has a full ready-to-wear offering and is renowned for its handmade accessories.
Shrimps is committed to avoiding discrimination of any kind when hiring, casting and choosing collaborators. Furthermore, we are actively working to improve our diversity of representation in these areas, each season discussing as a team how we can affect genuine, non-tokenistic improvement throughout the business.
We will endeavour to go above and beyond to facilitate requests for projects by or for underrepresented groups, and to approach individuals from such groups with opportunities for paid collaborations. Shrimps also supports numerous charitable causes with both one off and ongoing contributions.
The Role: Product Development Manager
As the RTW & ACCESSORIES product developer Manager for Shrimps your role will be to support the Creative Director and deliver the design vision. You will work collaboratively with design, production and sales teams to execute seasonal collections across all categories.
- Responsible for the development of all categories from initial concept through to prototypes, salesman samples and showpieces for Shrimps.
- Source new materials and manufacturers to develop innovative and commercial product in line with the Creative Directors vision and brand identity, and the range plan
- Produce all technical packs for seasonal collections.
- Develop samples to meet the quality and technical standard of the brief, including leading fit meetings.
- Create the seasonal costing master and ensure all product information is accurately costed and handed over to production.
- Review all samples with design, production and sales to ensure products meets target costs and functionality.
- Set and manage seasonal / yearly product develop budgets
- Communicate directly with the factories throughout the development process.
- Develop product that meets or exceeds the margin requirements.
- Work within the deadlines of the company critical path.
- Approving, coding, and submitting all design and development invoices
- Manage the Product Development Assistant and co-ordinate all freelance staff.
- Other related duties that may be required from time to time
- Experience in a previous luxury product developer role.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturers covering a broad selection of fabrications and techniques.
- Successful product management skills and understanding of product cycle and timelines.
- Accountability and ownership of challenges and the ability to follow through.
- Creative problem solver.
- Intermediate to advanced CAD drawing skills on Adobe Illustrator for technical construction and design.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office - particularly Excel and Zedonk
- Well-organized and efficient with good time-management and prioritization
- A self-starter and motivated person, who can demonstrate initiative and is able to work independently when needed
- Flexible team player with strong communication skills and enthusiasm