Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
We are looking for an energetic and dynamic individual for a Store Manager role in David Jones Womenswear Adelaide. As a Store Manager you will be responsible for directing the store team to consistently deliver an exceptional, memorable customer experience; Empowering, motivating and leading the development of the store team in order to retain a talented store team and delivering the floor sales and metric targets. This role will provide an incomparable opportunity for a manager to further develop their skill set and grow within a world-class organization. You will possess a high standard of hosting standards, time management and commercial capability. You will be responsible for motivating, coaching and, in turn, the performance and development of their staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Directly responsible for the sales and KPI performance in store
* Drive the team to deliver the RL Experience to all customers and continually searching for ways to improve service
* Develop and maintain client relationship through client liaison an customer capture
* Managing the store in a way that always services the customer first whilst keeping up to date with tasks
* Responsible for the recruitment, selection, supervision and development of the team.
* Coach and mentor direct reports to achieve optimal results including succession planning for current and future positions
* Conducting performance reviews and agreeing Personal Development Plans to support retention
* Communicating clear sales and service goals and expectations to team, providing coaching, training and constructive feedback on a regular basis
* Using department business reports, profiling and space analysis information effectively
* Managing the floor environment to ensure it represents the brand, complies with creative and product presentation
* Collaborate with the Brand Image team to identify VM opportunities and deliver on plans
* Drive store operations including visual merchandising, stock control, BOH processes and WFM/roster management
* Build and maintain a good working relationship with the wider business
* Establishing and maintaining an effective replenishment processes in line with store requirements
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
You would need to have retail management experience and a strong understanding of the retail industry, ideally working for a similar premium or luxury brand, and with an extensive background in customer service and clientele engagement. Share an enthusiastic love for the brand and its values and an ability to create a unique experience with core customer, along with creating key relationships with stakeholders and brand partners.
* 2-3 years retail management or similar industry experience in a high-volume or high-profile specialty environment preferred
* Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
* A desire to build relationships and promote team work and develop people
* Ability to maneuver around the sales floor, stock/dressing room, cash wrap and office; work around/with chemicals (i.e. cleaning products), lift up to 20kgs. and climb moderately
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require day, evening, weekends and may include travel (as required).
* Strong planning and prioritization/time management skills
* High level of analytical and reporting skill
* To be action orientated and solution driven to achieve results
* To be competent in IT systems to include Excel, Microsoft Word
* Sound understanding of fashion and the retail environment, including trends, fashion and competition