Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Drive business objectives for the assigned geographical area, by leading and enabling the store management teams within the district to successfully generate revenue and positive operating profit. Ensure a high standard of excellence through exceptional customer service. This role requires cross channel business knowledge, understanding of brand and store operational excellence, as well as talent development for all store level positions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible for leading multiple stores, across channels (Polo Factory Stores & Ralph Lauren Stores) within a designated geographical area in regard to all areas of responsibility- including store management, financial results, succession talent development, communication with Corporate Partners and overall success of the business.
* Directly responsible for sales and profit performance in all assigned stores. Proactively drive key performance indicators to deliver financial and operational excellence.
* Recruit, lead, develop, inspire and retain high performing store leadership teams across the District. Provide ongoing feedback regarding performance, monitor results, set consistent goals for the team and hold team accountable.
* Leverage strengths across channels to ensure to financial success, exceeding customer expectations, through effective communication, planning, talent sharing and succession planning.
* Identify market opportunities and partner with Corporate business partners to influence and achieve sales and margin goals, develop operating budgets, and monitor performance. Will work with Buyers and Planners, Allocations, and Visual Presentation to elevate the brand experience across channels.
* Directs the execution of Ralph Lauren's promotional strategies and programs, assuring that they support Ralph Lauren's sales, marketing, and profit objectives. Regularly visits relevant competition to maintain an awareness of store performance issues and market trends.
* Maintains a leadership role in Diversity and Inclusion groups, and community non-profit events People
* Responsible for Human Resources within the district, with the support of corporate and field HR, to effectively resolve behavioral and performance issues, attendance and tardiness, policy adherence and talent opportunities.
* Recruits, leads, develops, and retains high performing store leadership teams across the district. Provides ongoing feedback regarding performance, monitor contribution results, and set consistent goals for the team.
* Supports and empowers store leaders to make decisions that align with Ralph Lauren Brand Values.
* Communicates expectations clearly and holds store leaders accountable to business goals, coaching them to enhance performance.
* Evaluates talent and manages succession planning; collaborates with peers and business partners to establish recruitment strategies that deliver top talent and leverage strengths across channels to ensure financial success.
* Champions innovation and change, supports Company initiatives, and creates an environment that fosters a continuous growth and improvement mindset.
* Demonstrates a sense of pride, commitment and passion for the brand and our customers; is an ambassador of respect and inclusion and drives underrepresented talent initiatives.
* Builds relationships and seeks feedback for continuous self-development. Store Performance
* Directly responsible for sales and profit performance in all assigned stores.
* Proactively drive key performance indicators to deliver financial and operational excellence.
* Cascades Brand direction and vision to store teams in a clear and motivational manner.
* Cultivates an environment focused on the delivery of exceptional customer service and the achievement of sales goals through the 5 C's and New Ways of Selling.
* Monitors and adheres to the District's operational budgets.
* Ensure a culture of shrink awareness across all stores. Responsible for achieving store shrink goals and for the establishment and implementation of both new and existing loss prevention procedures.
* Effectively implements new Company policies, procedures, and programs within the District.
* Ensures timely, thorough, and consistent communication regarding organizational changes, results, and follow-up for compliance of policies and procedures.
* Monitors store scheduling and staffing health check to ensure optimization of talent and full utilization of payroll hours to drive business result.
* Provides feedback and takes partnership, developing solutions to operational needs, challenges and opportunities Business Strategy
* Creates a clear, achievable, and inspirational strategy for the District that can be achieved through people, Corporate partnerships, flexibility, problem solving, action and accountability.
* Directs the execution of Ralph Lauren's promotional strategies and programs, assuring that they support Ralph Lauren's sales, marketing, and profit objectives.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Retail Management experience in a high-volume, luxury lifestyle retail environment.
* Strong business acumen and skillset which enables the management and staff to drive business goals.
* Ability to guide individuals toward goal achievement using inspiration, negotiation, teamwork/collaboration, motivation and talent/leadership development skills, including the ability to lead dynamic teams
* Outstanding and flexible verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the public.
* Technologically savvy and proficient Microsoft Office programs. Has an aptitude to learn and embrace new systems solutions.
* Must possess exceptional leadership skills with the ability to train and lead others and hold them accountable for results.