Merchandising Associate - Men's, Part Time: 59th Street
- New York, New York
- Closing date
- 21 Jul 2022
- Coordinator / Executive
- Part Time
- Day-1 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for eligible colleagues
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Holiday Time-Off & Flexible Scheduling
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Enhanced benefits: pet, home & auto insurance & more
- 401(k) plan options available
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
If you want to build meaningful relationships and make fashion personal, fun and aspirational, why not put that creative energy to work and join our team of approachable customer oriented, style conscious professionals. Work in a collaborative environment of problem solvers and flawless executers that drive the business forward through energy, effort and good humor. The Merchandiser Associate handles all aspects of the merchandise journey from when product enters the building until it exits in a customer purchase, return to a vendor or disposition as salvage. The merchandiser executes non-sell activities that support our selling teams in delivering a customer centric, omni channel experience. Create a neat clean organized and exciting shopping experience for our customers through innovative, accessible presentation of product on the sales floor and efficient, easy to navigate back of house stock rooms.
Fueled by the Power of Relationships
- Execute and complete daily activities including merchandise presentation and non-sell projects accurately from start to finish working as a member of the support team.
- Place new product focusing on creative concepts, company directives and best practices for sizing, presentation and fixture placement.
- Own placement, organization and maintenance of inventory in stock rooms.
- Handle back-stock items in order of category, color and vendor for efficient floor fill in, customer service and inventory protection.
- Develop and adhere to system of grouping and organizing merchandise for events, markdowns and advertised promotions.
- Uphold Asset protection standards to support and deliver shortage plans.
- Execute markdowns, RTV's, re-ticketing projects, replenishment and processing damages.
- Work with selling team to ensure daily replenishment of merchandise maintaining consistent presentation and creating an easy shopping experience.
Driven by our Desire to Win
- Ensure 100% compliance with all Bloomingdale's audit and merchandise security standards.
- Execute support functions on time and with maximization of resources to ensure delivery of sales and service metrics.
- Achieve 90% or better markdown compliance, Return to Vendor (RTV), job out completion for store.
- Ensure Fed Ticket compliance, Shoe Audit, and appropriate hours utilization and work load completion to achieve all productivity metrics and maximize sales.
- Achieve fulfillment fill rates and ship on time standards and merch to sell objectives.
Committed to a culture of Collaboration and continuous learning
- Understand organization and logic behind back of house areas to support presentation standards/floor replenishment/selling function.
- Partner with visual team and selling team to execute merchandising strategies.
- Work within store leadership team to deliver Big Days through execution of central strategies.
- Learn the business rationale behind placement and movement of merchandise.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- No experience required.
- Able to easily engage in conversation.
- Social ease and quick response to customer needs and inquiries.
- Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Detailed oriented about product knowledge.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Basic math functions to operate register, handle money and make change.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a learning environment.
- Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
- Ability to sell and build a sale through conversational interaction.
- Enjoys meeting and interacting with customers; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities and learn new procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality is required.
- Constant moving and standing.
- Able to lift 10 lbs.
- Able to reach, grasp, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb ladders.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert