Garment Production Assistant
Key responsibilities, to include but not be limited to:
- Work with Production Manager on the maintenance of seasonal Critical Paths and monitor deadlines throughout seasonal cycle.
- Generate and maintain seasonal sample trackers and follow up on outstanding press, transactional, exclusive samples and new developments.
- Work closely with Product Development and Design teams on sample delivery of added exclusive styles and capsule collections.
- Attend pre-production meetings to process production comments in order to ensure all styles go into production on time and in budget.
- Assist the Wholesale team with the upload and maintenance of style and SKU details on JOOR platform.
- Assist the Production manager with follow up on costing queries and work with the Product Development and Design teams to find effective solutions to meet target margins.
- Responsible for the set-up, maintenance and handover of the BOM (bill of material) document to ensure all fabrication and trim details are clear and up to date.
- Prepare all bulk fabric and trim colour approvals for Production Manager to review and follow up with feedback comments to relevant team members in India, and suppliers.
- Prepare for weekly calls with the Production and Merchandising team in India - follow up with notes and actions to update relevant UK teams on production progress and any potential deadline concerns.
- Maintain the re-order tracker and update Senior Management, Logistics and eCommerce teams on any change to delivery dates.
- Post-selling assist the Production Manager in preparing and sending bulk factory POs and production reports.
- Assist Production Manager in generating the label and ticketing order sheet, with packing list requirements for wholesale clients.
- Should be interested in womenswear and pursuing a career in Garment Production, with proven experience in a similar role.
- Have a good understanding of luxury garment and fabric construction, and experience working with embellished and embroidered garments in India and/or China - preferable but not essential.
- Previous proven administration experience and methodical approach to department organisation.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills including excellent written English.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Adaptable and forward thinking with the ability to problem solve.
- Highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and work quickly under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Word, Powerpoint, Illustrator and Outlook/Mail.
- Good numerical skills and advanced Excel skills are important.
- Familiarity with JOOR sales order and style archive platform is preferable but not essential.