We have an exciting opportunity to join our team based in our Melrose Avenue LA store in a full-time basis. You will be responsible for assisting the team with achieving sales targets, developing and maintaining excellent client relationships whilst promoting the brand image, providing excellent customer service and up to date product knowledge at all times.
- To assist the management and selling teams with achieving sales targets by helping with front and back end operations.
- To assist the sales and operations teams with customer requests, replenishments, deliveries, and shipment execution when requested. Including drop-offs and pick-ups from tailors or other shops.
- To provide excellent customer service at all times and to build customer relations.
- To ensure that you attend staff training sessions to maintain a high level of product knowledge at all times.
- To ensure that a high level of housekeeping is kept to the Company’s desired standard, both on and off the shop floor.
- To assist in any stock, merchandise and housekeeping related duties as requested by the management team. This may include duties such as shop merchandising and up-keep, inventory and stock takes, receiving deliveries, the ticketing of merchandise and any other duties as outlined by the management team.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
- Previous experience in retail- luxury environment
- Previous experience working as a support associate
- Experience in providing excellent customer service
- Ability to work towards weekly sales goals and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for style, fashion and the Paul Smith Brand
- Interest and knowledge of current trends in music arts and culture
- Flexible and reliable
- Good team member, helpful, approachable and trustworthy
In addition to the base compensation, this role attracts:
- A generous Clothing Allowance
- Discretionary discount on Paul Smith goods
- Basic medical and dental insurance, disability, life insurance and a 401(k) plan
- Vacation, sick/personal days in accordance with Company Policy
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.