With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. Position Objective
This position is responsible for assisting in maximizing company performance by providing analysis aimed at identifying opportunities for improved sales and margin based on current trends while mitigating the company's exposure to unnecessary risks.FunctionalResponsibilities
· Supports channel level pre-season analytics to align sales and margin budgets.
· Provides supporting analysis to model Daily, Weekly and Monthly sales and margin plans.
o Provides daily financial forecasts for a specified channel
o Sales equation modeling
o Margin Modeling including the impact of full price and markdown mix of sales
o Provides daily & weekly summaries with business recommendations
· Performs analysis and recommendations to maximize business, including:
o Sales risk assessment and scenario modeling
o Measures impact of strategic initiatives
o Partners with Marketing to incorporate event lift into sales plans
o Provides analysis on inventory management and movement across multiple channels
o Supports Monthly Business Review process and meeting preparation
· Assist in managing the Brands testing strategy and initiatives
o Strategic alignment & prioritization
o Develops test design
o Reading & report results
o Providing actions & recommendations
· Partners and communicates with cross functional teams to align strategic initiatives and goals.
· Requires the need for strong analytic interpretation, presentation and the ability to deliver results to senior leadership with concise communication.
· Assists with other ad hoc projects as needed.Financial Accountability
This role impacts:
· Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, business or statisticspreferredRequired Qualifications
- 5+ years experience, including 3+ years in a retail/consumer goods environment, with preference given to those with merchandise planning, finance, or allocation experience
- Strong technical and system skills required
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; exceptional aptitude with numbers; retail math skills
- Builds collaborative partnerships cross-functionally; identifies/influences critical stakeholders
- Ability to advance to high levels of computer literacy; exposure to relevant planning, finance, analytical, data management systems
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills:concisely presents complex information/recommendations in terms meaningful to various audiences
·Charismatic team player that exhibits excellent "team work" abilities
- Ideal candidate will have strong PC proficiency with a strong emphasis in Excel; Access a plus
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.