Junior Merchandise Planner
Overview and purpose of role:
As a Junior Merchandise Planner at Christian Louboutin, you will be part of the EMEI Merchandising & Planning team and will have a various range of tasks. You will report to the Merchandise Planner and the Online Concessions Manager.
Your role is a key support function to the team, managing daily tasks as well as larger cross functional projects, working hand in hand with other departments and the stores.
Your 3 main missions will be:
- Support the Merchandise Planner to drive and maximize the Outlet business
- Support on operational tasks across external digital platforms
- Provide ad hoc business analysis on outlet business and online concessions businesses
Key Responsibilities of role:
- Assist the Online Concessions Manager and Merchandise Planner with reporting and sales analysis to be carried out on a weekly/monthly basis, including ad hoc competitor analysis and site visits.
- Support the Merchandise Planner in driving the Outlet businesses including new season set up, replenishment and data management. Work on all aspects of stock management including allocations, removals and ad hoc requests.
- Work with the Online Concessions Manager and external Ecom businesses teams to ensure the smooth and timely launch of new seasons and that all trading opportunities are subsequently maximized in season. This will include tasks such as calendar planning, creating training packs, ensuring adherence to VM guidelines and checks on stock, pricing and data.
- Attend weekly trade calls, both internally and externally.
- Support the team with ad hoc analysis and requests.
- WSSI review and management, highlighting any opportunities and risks to inventory levels and sales budget
- Tracking of full product Lifecyle month on month
- Collaboration with wider merchandising and planning teams for markdown inventory and sales planning
This list is non-exhaustive and could evolve depending on the team needs.
Skills and Requirements:
In order to deliver the main responsibilities of the role, you will need the following skills:
- A degree in a business-oriented subject, with experience in retail, planning or merchandising a plus.
- Strong Excel and presentation skills, and analytical mindset.
- Fluent in English.
- Adaptable and flexible. Must be comfortable with change and willing to adapt as required to the needs of the business.
- Effective time management skills. Must be punctual and reliable, able to perform tasks within the required timeframes.
- Passionate about the brand, with a strong sense of fashion.
- Strong communication skills, able to clearly explain their findings and pose relevant questions.
- Motivated and committed with a ‘can do’ positive attitude. Able to meet the demands with high energy levels.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and willing to perform varied tasks depending on the needs of the business. Proactive, dynamic and have a willingness to learn and develop.
- Open-minded to diversity internally and externally – ready to work with different people and to serve different types of customers with respect and without bias.
- Passionate about his/her own career development and self-awareness of areas of improvement.
How will success be measured?
You will have objectives and we expect you to be curious, to stick to company processes and culture and to achieve on time and efficiently your goals.
We expect you to anticipate and rise to any difficulty you could have before it starts to be a problem.
Your manager will be expected to provide you with ongoing appropriate feedback to support your improvement where necessary and appropriate as required.
Our business and our Values:
Christian Louboutin opened his first boutique in Paris in 1992. An artist and craftsman with a true passion for shoes, his designs are unique and instantly recognizable, thanks in part to their signature and now trademarked red lacquered soles. The collections for both men and women combine wit, glamour, elegance and technical proficiency like no other. 2014 welcomed the launched of Christian Louboutin Beaute with its first nail colour, Rouge Louboutin. The collection has continued to diversify since then with the launch of lip in 2015, fragrance in 2016 and more recently a wonderful eye collection in 2017. With an extensive range of collections, Christian Louboutin now counts more than 130 boutiques globally.
Our people are at the heart of our brand.
We celebrate individualism and allow the freedom to have autonomy and creativity within your role. Our colleagues have in common passion and dedication to our Brand, and its continued success.
We live by our values: We are down to earth – we stand with authenticity, integrity and respect. We have passion – we drive the business with agility and care and we are committed to excellence. We have happiness in all that we do – As a team player, we collaborate with positivity, open-mindedness and fun. We work with inspiration – we envision the future with confidence, creativity and freedom.
If the shoe fits, walk with us…
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Maison Christian Louboutin is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruitment practices that do not discriminate against any job applicant because of their race, color, gender, age, nationality, culture(s), religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We believe that a culture of diversity and individuality fosters our core values we listed above. So, if you also share this mindset and these values and you dream of coloring your soles red as part of the Louboutin adventure, please join us!
By submitting your CV and application information to Christian Louboutin UK Ltd for the above role, you hereby consent to be contacted by email and/or by telephone in relation to this recruitment process by the HR, Northern Europe Team.
Christian Louboutin UK Ltd respects your privacy and your desire to understand how your information will be handled and used. For more information on our how we collect, use and store your information, please refer to our Privacy Notice: http://eu.christianlouboutin.com/uk_en/policy