Peter Millar was founded in 2001 with a single cashmere sweater. Through this initial garment, an ethos emerged to embody luxury, elegance and a dedication to superior craftsmanship. Today the brand has grown to include luxury performance sportswear, seasonal resort apparel, refined tailored clothing, and sartorial accessories. Each offering features the finest raw materials and fabric innovations while utilizing the world’s best yarn spinners, artisanal workshops and highly specialized factories.
The Photo Stylist assists the Manger of Styling and Sr. stylist to execute styling requests to include: Linebook, Web Laydowns, Web on-figure, Social Media, Collegiate, Catalogue, Digital Asset Library, Rig looks (PM Style Guide, Office Rigs, Rigs shot in studio for LSR-NM and Nordstrom, etc). This position will work closely with Studio Operations, Photographers, Studio Production and Ecommerce teams to ensure all assets are captured on time, within budget and within brand standards.
- Assist Sr. Stylist and Manager of Styling with all Peter Millar photo on-figure and laydown styling needs in studio.
- Leverage brand style standards to execute Peter Millar looks for Web on-figure and Web Laydowns ecommerce photography.
- Work closely with Studio Operations, Photographers, Studio Production and Ecommerce teams to ensure all assets are captured on time, within budget and within brand standards.
- Manage the seasonal Creative samples in-studio and within all Peter Millar facilities.
- Partner with the Ecommerce team to ensure accurate display of product fit and style standards.
- Gain and maintain a high level of seasonal product knowledge to assist team as needed.
- Work with and support freelance stylist and photographers to ensure all brand standards are meet.
- Assist Manger of Styling and Sr. stylist to execute styling requests to include: Linebook, Web Laydowns, Web on-figure, Social Media, Collegiate, Catalogue, Digital Asset Library, Rig looks (PM Style Guide, Office Rigs, Rigs shot in studio for LSR-NM and Nordstrom, etc);
- Prep Peter Millar product which includes steaming, ironing, folding, stuffing garments;
- Maintain work/studio appearance;
- Manage studio needs/processes to assist with maintaining the studio needs and work flow;
- Creating a consistent "styling look", ensuring that all shots, from laydowns, to on-figure web/catalogue, to rig, is consistent in appearance and “on brand”;
- Work alongside the photographer and creative department to create concepts, compositions, and product styling for in-studio photo shoots;
- Assist photographer on set when needed;
- Keep samples organized in studio, while finding/pulling samples to shoot, putting samples back once shot to maintain organization of studio;
- Works along-side Manager of Styling and Studio Manager in managing photographic work flow on a daily basis: keeping track of what has been shot vs what is left to shoot and managing studio schedule on a daily basis and prioritizing deadlines, using approved systems;
- Help execute creative demands from all departments;
- Knowledge of the brand and the Peter Millar customer
- Knowledge of different body types, body shapes and different face types; how to dress them in the most flattering way
- Business skills such as marketing, networking and advertising
- Effective communication skills to work with Lead photographer and PM team members
- Creativity and innovation; Eye for detail; Well organized
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three years of experience as a stylist in a similar capacity
At Peter Millar we created a close-knit culture that thrives on the power of our people. Everyone knows that their team has their back and are willing to jump in and help when needed. We take care of our people through great benefits such as health insurance & 401(k), clothing allowances, generous Paid time off and employee discounted access to products.
If you are applying for this position through indeed or another 3rd party, please know we do not ask for any personal financial or confidential information prior to interviews. If you are contacted and asked to do this, please report this to the posting site immediately.