Footwear Design Manager
Peter Millar was founded in 2001 with a single cashmere sweater. Through this initial garment, an ethos emerged to embody luxury, elegance and a dedication to superior craftsmanship. Today the brand has grown to include luxury performance sportswear, seasonal resort apparel, refined tailored clothing, and sartorial accessories. Each offering features the finest raw materials and fabric innovations while utilizing the world’s best yarn spinners, artisanal workshops and highly specialized factories.
- Manage all design artwork for men’s & women’s footwear
- Manage all development for men’s & women’s footwear
- Use detailed tech packs & BOM’s to articulate product detail execution of all footwear
- Includes but is not limited to: Upper TPs, Bottom TPs, Colorway TPs, Bill of Materials
- Communicate with factories and material suppliers to ensure prototypes and samples are executed properly
- Communicate with the production department and factories to ensure production is executed properly
- Manage the organization and maintenance of the footwear prototypes, footwear samples, and footwear material library.
- Work directly with the Chief Creative Officer and Product Design Director for final approval on all new surface and model designs
- Work directly with Line Review Director to understand existing footwear sales and trends to identify areas for new growth and existing “icons”
- Research industry trends and techniques applied to surface and model design and apply to concepts.
- Update the Style Wall as prototypes are developed and samples are launched
- Manage all design artwork for men’s belts, luggage, and small accessories
- Manage all development for men’s belts, luggage, and small accessories
- Use detailed tech packs & BOM’s to articulate product detail execution of men’s belts, luggage, and small accessories
- Collaborate with other designers to collectively manage the footwear, apparel, and surface design process, allocate surface design projects, and balance workload to keep projects on calendar.
- Support the Merchandising team during sales meeting set-up periods and sales campaign set-up periods
- Critical thinker who can make key decisions, communicate effectively, and lead other team members to meet department objectives.
- Driven by curiosity to push boundaries, think outside of the box and bring innovative ideas to fruition.
- Exceptional skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, and Excel
- Strong understanding of pattern, color and men's footwear and apparel.
- Outstanding time management skills, with the ability to balance multiple deadlines and priorities
- Accurate organizational methods with a strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with employees, vendors and clients
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a footwear design position
At Peter Millar we created a close-knit culture that thrives on the power of our people. Everyone knows that their team has their back and are willing to jump in and help when needed. We take care of our people through great benefits such as health insurance & 401(k), clothing allowances, generous Paid time off and employee discounted access to products.
If you are applying for this position through indeed or another 3rd party, please know we do not ask for any personal financial or confidential information prior to interviews. If you are contacted and asked to do this, please report this to the posting site immediately.